What is Rom 15: 20,21 getting at?

by yaddayadda 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Some excellent points are coming through in this thread.

I see Paul as the ultimate cold-caller, prefering to plant churches than to spend a lot of time nurturing them.

LT, of the "Johannine" class

• mouthy
    mouthy

faults of other Christian religions.

I object to the OTHER!!!! JWS are definatly NOT Christians..... Their Jesus is Micheal the Ark Angel..... Where as Jesus is the Son of God.Yes he was made lower than Angels when he took on flesh ( Emptied himself) ..That is my only comment on this. except ------ if we are true Christians we are followers of Christ.... We MUST expose those who demean the Creator & since Jesus was the Creator ....And JWS told me he was Created .....That is false.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Luk 9:49,50:

Luk 9:49 And answering, John said, Master, we saw someone casting out demons on Your name, and we stopped him because he does not follow with us. Luk 9:50 And Jesus said to them, Do not forbid, for whoever is not against us is for us.

Some advice in light of the facinating tract?

Cheers

Borgia

• DoubleYouBee
    DoubleYouBee

From that scripture I'm seeing that Paul's intent was to spread 'the Good News' about Christ the Messiah - Yeshua was born, lived, died, arose from the dead and was ressurected to Heaven as prophesied. Maybe Paul was expessing the thought that Christ shouldn't be preached to those who already knew of him - but to those who'd never heard his name. (?) So preaching Christ to those already professing to know him is... redundant. Don't you think? To me it's blatently 'promoting sects'! I'm thinking along the lines that most of the initial preaching work(establishing the facts of Christ's existence and true identity) had already been done in the first few centuries. There's a scripture where Paul states that the preaching work was effectively finished... can't think of it atm tho' ... The ones to whom the Good News should be taught are those who've never heard of him yet.... makes sense to me instead of putting up even more exclusivist barriers between God and mankind. WT is anti-Christ if you ask me... imho... Did anyone ask? lol

WB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit