In your opinion.......

by lavendar 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• lavendar
    lavendar

..........what is the BEST and EASIEST TO UNDERSTAND topic to prove the falsehood of the WTS? Thanks so much to all who answered my previous post regarding our son who is being sucked into this thing. He has not been baptized yet, but is working toward that "illustrious goal". I'm thinking I'd like to send him material from time to time disproving the organization's "truth".

Also, I know an ex-Witness and am thinking of having her come over the next time our son is at our house. Do you think this is a good idea?

Thanks very much,

Lavendar

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Lavendar, maybe a good thing to show him would be this film:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/

It's around 20 years old, but still very relevant, if he'll watch it. Also, it would possibly be a good idea to invite your ex jw friend around as well. No one knows the potential cost of becomung a jw better than those of us who've been in the cult.

Good luck, I hope you succeed in keeping him out, he will thank you for it one day if you do.

Linda

• zeroday
    zeroday
    ..........what is the BEST and EASIEST TO UNDERSTAND topic to prove the falsehood of the WTS?

If your son is not open to the possibility that the WTS could be false there is nothing you can say or show him that will make a difference. The first thing new JW's are taught is to expect resistance from their family, that they will try to show them the error of their way. It is the beginning of mind control to teach a new one they will be opposed by their own family and that proves that what they are learning is correct. To expect persecution as a sign of being a true christian. If he is open to reason there is a vast amount of information on the web that will point out how wrong the WTS is and to identify it.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Linda,

Thanks so much for the movie! Very interesting. I only got about ¾ of the way through before I had to leave. So, I'll start it up again after this post.

Zeroday,

I understand what you're saying completely and agree. Fortunately, our son is still open to reason. He himself admitted that he was still kind of "on the fence". But, the Witnesses at the KH seem to be doing a real good job of brainwashing. He defends them and robotically (robotically?) recites answers that he is being taught.

I believe my best weapon is prayer.........and I plan to do A LOT of it.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Has God ever changed His promises?

Can God lie?

Look at the masthead on page 4 of any AWAKE from 1989 until 1994.

It reads, "the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new order before the generation that saw the events of 1914 C.E. passes away."

Now, look at the masthead on page 4 of any AWAKE from 1996 until present.

It reads, "the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit