I just stumbled across this rabbit hole!

by kairos 20 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

20% off, blowout sale, discount prices. The syrup they pour on the more sales they make.

• BU2B
    BU2B
    That is puke worthy. My problem is that I am losing respect for JWs intelligence in general. I now see my parents, and people at the KH as morons! I dont really want to feel that way, but when I watch JWbroadcast with its constant sappy, emotion inducing music with people crying every two seconds, see the trolley cart song, see the rants of Lett and Morris, I just lose respect for the gung ho ones. It makes me want to throw up.
  • Nevuela
    Nevuela
    I've been browsing that page for several minutes, and so far I haven't seen a single "sickening" comment. Can somebody please show me what specifically you find sickening? Because every comment I have read so far has been neutral if not actually really nice.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Nuevala...

It's the commercialization of religion; something that, historically, the WTS has denounced for decades as the actions of Christendom/Babylon the Great/Satan's World..

It smacks heavily of hypocricy.

• oppostate
    oppostate

they deleted all my comments from last night!

did you catch their math about the 8 GB members and one dying so that now there's 9 left?

I know we witnesses aren't supposed to go to college, but maybe paying attention during elementary math classes may have been helpful, 8 - 1 = 7 not 9.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    BU2B That is how I have begun to feel about my family still in. They all seem perfectly intelligent and have the internet with so much information to be had, but they seem such morons, closing their eyes to it all. And we are the generation who grew up with 1975 pounded into us, so no college, most with no retirement money and our parents, the generation who got us into this: all passed away! I have lost respect for them in so many ways.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    BU2B & SafeAtHome, I'm having the same feelings about my family (and all other JWs, too, actually). It's almost as if they look different to me now. The looks on their faces just don't seem right. There seems to be a hollowness behind their eyes.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Nevuela: I've been browsing that page for several minutes, and so far I haven't seen a single "sickening" comment. Can somebody please show me what specifically you find sickening? Because every comment I have read so far has been neutral if not actually really nice.

The comments are nauseatingly goody-goody and sickeningly sweet. JWs are self-righteous and smug. They elevate themselves so highly in their mirage of a spiritual paradise (actual desert) as they look down upon the ignorant (to them) masses of mankind and don't want to even so much as fix their eyes on evil, lying, Satanic oppostates.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Yes Magnum. Hollow and tired. When I see ones I havent seen for a while, my first thought is how tired they look.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

I saw this pic on that website:

Don't they know that this is NOT 3 Generations of Bibles and songbooks? It's only one overlapping generation!

Silly cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit