WHERE ARE YOU?

by Jez 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez

Tigerman: My mother shuns me because she is a fanatical JW that disagrees with my divorcing my abusive husband of 14 years and remarrying. I have been remarried for 5 years. She lives alone. She is a sick afraid person that uses religion as a front for not having to really live life in reality and accept its inevitablities or consequences.

Frannie: How horrible. I would adopt you as my mother if you lived closer, but I appreciate the reminder that biology is not the only factor in what constitutes a mother. I am trying to meet many older women and ask them questions. Right now, I am enjoying the company of a lovely 85 year old woman I met. She is teaching me how to quilt and her words of wisdom are simple and humourous. Just what I need.

Evita and Lilly: I feel for both of you. But, my mother has damaged our relationship beyond repair. I could never 'just call her up and confide in her' because that would require trust on my part. I no longer trust her with any of my personal life. She has stomped on it one too many times. I am not willing to throw myself at anyone without reciprical respect. I have accepted that she chooses to die in this world without even seeing me again. That was not my choice, that was hers. She made it the day she decided to shun me and my children.

Jez

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Jez, sometimes parents cannot do right for doing wrong; trust me I was that rebellious teenager!

Right now, I am enjoying the company of a lovely 85 year old woman I met. She is teaching me how to quilt and her words of wisdom are simple and humourous.

Sometimes wisdom comes from the most profound sources; it doesnt have to be complex or confusing, words of wisdom predominantly are simple; people often complicate them to make themselves feel superior!

I wish you well.

DB74 (Gary)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit