I feel like taking a risk on the platform tomorrow night.

by SirNose586 61 Replies latest jw friends

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

SirNose:

Glad to hear you see the value in higher education and in your own way trying to encourage those in your cong. I'm finally attending college at 35 years of age and when I was in H.S. begged my parents to let me attend college to no avail. I ended up regular pioneering for a year.

Have you attended or are you considering attending college?

This past week a "came out of the closet" to a JW person in one of my classes. She was really cool about me being "out" and said that she decided to attend college because the Society had changed their policy somewhat and gave tacit approval to higher education in the 90's but that now they are changing back to their old policy that higher education is very bad. I don't read the literature to verify this but I'm not too surprised (although my parents sent me the "education" brochure a few years ago and I found it very anti-higher education).

Even though I'm out, my parents still really don't approve. I could be a class valedictorian, go on to get a Ph.D. and discover a cure for the common cold and I would still not attain their approval...not until I come back to the fold.

Anyway, I digress. Keep up the good work.

• Frank75
    Frank75
    I could be a class valedictorian, go on to get a Ph.D. and discover a cure for the common cold and I would still not attain their approval...not until I come back to the fold.

A major one of life's lessons well learned early to avoid being scarred for life is that their approval is not necessary.

However Your own is!

Frank75

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit