Seven thousnd times omited..Hard to believe

by Poztate 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Poztate
    Poztate

In the DEC 1 WT first article on Antichrists they state "Adding to the confusion,many bible translators have taken God's name,Jehovah,out of there translations,even though it occurs over 7,000 time in the original text!"

I am curious since the name jehovah is a recent invention or corruption which original texts could possibly contain this name 7,000 times? It seems to me like they are trying to blow a lot of hot air at the faithful.

It also seemed to me that they were trying to draw a firmer link between "apostates" and the antichrist. Wonder why?

Does anyone know how many different"antichrists" the WTBTS has identified over the years compared to other churches? I am sure they have seen "new light™" on this subject many times.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

good topic, never thought about it....

it is hard to believe.

purps

• Zone
    Zone

This can be squashed real quick if JWs actually smarten up and spend 70 bucks Greek NT and Hebrew OT and read stuff for themselves.

• vomit
    vomit

Just doing a quick searc on wikipedia reveals that Jesus himself never used the word, and the Word john used was the same as Jesus' just translated as antichrist. You learn something new everyday :p

• geevee
    geevee

Poztate: "It seems to me like they are trying to blow a lot of hot air at the faithful." I think that you mean "hot air UP the faithful"!!!! ;-)

• blondie
    blondie

Who has the WT organization taught is the "antichrist"?

SS2 The Time Is At Hand

We need not look long to find a character fitting all the requirements perfectly; one whose record, written by secular historians as well as by its own deluded servants, we shall see agrees exactly with the prophetic delineations of Antichrist. But when we state that the one and only system whose history fits these prophecies is Papacy, let no one misunderstand us to mean that every Roman Catholic is a man of sin; nor that the priests, nor even the popes of the Church of Rome, are, or have been, the Antichrist. No man is " the Antichrist," "the Man of Sin," described in prophecy. Popes, bishops and others are at most only parts or members of the Antichrist system, even as all of the Royal Priests are only members of the true Christ, under Jesus their head, and in the same manner that these in their present condition are together the antitypical Elijah, though no one of them is the Elijah or the Christ foretold. Notice, further, that the Church of Rome as an ecclesiastical system only is not the " Man of Sin," and is never presented under any figure of a man . On the contrary, a woman is always the symbol used for a church separate from its head and lord. The true Church is symbolized by a "chaste virgin," while the apostate church, which has fallen away from primitive purity and fidelity to the Lord, is symbolically called "a harlot." As the true "virgin" Church continues to be such to the end of the age, when she is to be united to her Lord and take his name--Christ--so the apostate church was not the Antichrist, or Man of Sin, until she united with her lord and head, the pope, the claimed vicegerent of Christ, and became a religious empire , falsely styled Christendom--which signifies Christ's Kingdom.

March 1, 1895 WT

The fact is that, while Papacy holds all her old errors of doctrine and is, therefore, as much as ever the Antichrist* of Scripture, she has been forced to more civilized methods during the past century.

SS6 The New Creation

It was not long after the apostles fell asleep, we may be sure, until the spirit of rivalry under the guidance of the Adversary led step by step to the ultimate organization of the great Antichrist system--Papacy.

*** it-1 p. 115 Antichrist ***

Identification. Although there has been much effort in the past to identify "the antichrist" with an individual, such as Pompey, Nero, or Muhammad (this latter person being suggested by Pope Innocent III in 1213 C.E.), or with a specific organization, as in the Protestant view of "the antichrist" as applying to the papacy, John’s inspired statements show the term to be broad in its application, embracing all those who deny that "Jesus is the Christ," and who deny that Jesus is the Son of God who came "in the flesh."—1Jo 2:22; 4:2, 3; 2Jo 7, NE,NIV; compare Joh 8:42, 48, 49; 9:22.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I'm so glad the "new light" has straightened this out for us!

I would say the anti-christ would be an organization who sets themselves up as the only way to salvation!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    In the DEC 1 WT first article on Antichrists they state "Adding to the confusion,many bible translators have taken God's name,Jehovah,out of there translations,even though it occurs over 7,000 time in the original text!"

I find this an interesting attack on AntiChrists- seems like they are attacking AntiJehovists to my way of thinking here.

Of course, the statement is entirely misleading in that 'Jehovah' was never in the text of those old manuscripts - only the tetragrammaton.

Another red herring for lunch?

Jeff

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

I couldn't remember the dub teaching on this so a couple years back I scored a revelation book. There was only one paragraph in the entire book that descripes what the antichrist is. If my memory serves me right is went something like this:

"The antichrist system" can be identified by any government or religious system that forces everyone to celebrate holidays.

AAHHH! NOOOooooooo! anything but that!

• badboy
    badboy

BUT IS THERE ANY GOVERNMENT that forces people to celebrate holidays?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit