What did you throw out when u became a JW?

by dobbie 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• gypsytart
    gypsytart

After a circuit assembly talk about Idolatry, I went home and threw out all my books, posters, articles about my pop idols (tut tut) at the time, A-ha. All my lovely pics of Morten Harket...torn up and in the bin

Mind you I was a bit sad, collecting that many!!

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Little Drummer Boy I cried reading your reply. OMG. All the MAIDEN! JUDAS PRIEST! D&D Games! OMG That suckkkkkkkkkkkkzzzzzz.

• daystar
    daystar

LDB

The same day I also threw out about $600 dollars worth of Dungeons and Dragons and other role playing game system stuff. I had been a Game Master at conventions and I really enjoyed those games. I can't ever replace those things. I had all four of the original boxed sets of Basic D&D, and the complete sets 1st ed AD&D, and 2nd ed AD&D. It would have been something that my son would have liked to have, but nooooo, it's all gone.

Oh no... the pain that must bring is not lost on me at all. I was never a huge gamer, but I do still have the gaming equipment I did have. My old dice bag still lies in my night stand.

• DocBob
    DocBob

Half an ounce of weed

My favorite little brass hash pipe

Other assorted drug paraphernalia

Various albums (vinyl - it was 1973)

My freedom

Worst of all, I almost parted with my girlfriend of 7 years then. She really didn't want much to do with JWs. She eventually started studying, we got married then got baptized together and came out of the org together about 10 years ago. On Nov 25, we will be married 33 years

• dobbie
    dobbie

Juni and Sunspot

Gypsytart - Morten Harket?I've been there!!!

If we added up the monetary value of all the things we chucked it would be a colossal amount - but the emotional cost is far greater isn't it.

• zagor
    zagor

I've had a collection of books about Druids, Oracles, Egyptian book of dead, some hypnotherapy books, lots of books about psychology ...

Since my father was not a dub no one was bothering me about those. But when I started going to meetings I was stupid enough to tell them about those ... rest was history. I still regret it was a collection of some 50 odd books.

To add: .. almost forgot I've had this gold and silver medallion that a friend who visited South America bought for me. It had some Mayan god on it I think. It was expensive piece, he bought it for me because at that time I've had keen interest in history. That too had to be cut in pieces and thrown into the sea. So there you go.

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

I was raised a DUB but here are some things I collected that my parents burned in the fire when they found out about them.

A full set of Magic the Gathering Card Game -- Alpha Circ 1995 -- Presently worth between $14,000 - $40,000

Spiderman Vs Venom First Edition Foil comics, worth several hundred.

and many vintage Star Wars comics.

All of this was burned into the fire because it was all "demonic"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit