ever taken an inkblot test?

by candidlynuts 23 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i took one online tonight.. very enlightening although i take it with a grain of salt as i do any online "quiz".

but it was a fun way to spend 10 minutes. (this place has a lot of fun tests)

http://web.tickle.com/tests/inkblot

Self-protection

By having your unconscious mind driven most by Self-protection, it appears that you've developed a kind of shield to keep you from either experiencing or expressing strong emotions. This barrier might have formed due to some hurtful situation in your past, or perhaps it's simply your way of minimizing discord and pain. Because of this trait, you can typically keep your cool during arguments. As a result, you're not likely to say hurtful things that you'll have to apologize for later. Unlike many people, you're not normally one to fly off the handle. In fact, people with a heightened drive for self-protection often shy away from conflict and can become a bit numb toward others when forced into confrontational situations. As one with this unconscious drive, you might find that you tend to intellectualize emotional issues rather than becoming upset or overwrought. This can be a way of distancing yourself from painful feelings.

Self-protection is a coping technique that can be helpful to you at times when you're forced to deal with distressing incidents like arguments, breakups, or loss. However, by not fully expressing your emotions in sad times, you might forget to express them in happy ones. People who become emotionally shutdown risk missing out on life's upside. In tough times, try to remember that you're likely stronger and more resilient than you give yourself credit for. By being willing to fully engage in the good and bad of life, you can give each day more depth, meaning, and color.

• carla
    carla

Ever play the game 'Thinkblot'? It's a fun game and is good for the imagination.

• gordon d
    gordon d

I took one as part of my psych 103 class....

In the first pic I saw a man and a woman in the kama sutra "lotus" position

In the second, I saw a four legged woman "pleasuring" a platipus

In the third, there was the first couple again (still at it) but this time with a pizza delivery boy wearing fishing waders, watching!

The professor said, "I think your obsessed with sex"...
    I responded, "What do you expect, you're the one showing me all these dirty pictures?"

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Misanthropic, your subconscious mind is driven most by Peace
    You have a deeply-rooted desire to make peace in the world. Whether through subtle interactions with loved ones, or through getting involved in social causes, it is important to you to be able to influence the world in a positive way.
    You have a deep respect for humankind. You care about the future of the world, even beyond your own involvement in it, and you inspire others to feel the same way. Your innate drive toward peace guides you in daily life towards decisions that are respectful toward yourself and others.
    Your psyche is very rich; the more you learn about it, the more you will understand who you really are.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

carla, never heard of thinkblot.will have to look it up

gordon thats an old one!! har har! lol

misanthropic... you are SO together!! i'm jealous !

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I went to the site to take the test. I sit on the computer for about an hour answering 56 questions and I never got an answer. All I got at the end of the test was a bunch of spam (buy this buy that). Everytime, I hit "no" I didn't want it or next page, another page offering more junk popped up! I just closed it down. I guess the test must of made them think that I was a fool that would buy anything that popped up! I'll never know.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

Rorschach testing

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i just hit skip ad up at the top and after about 5 ad's got the results.i'm.sorry it was annoying!

• Mystla
    Mystla

That was fun, thanks :) Mine was:

Love:

By having your unconscious mind driven most by Love, it appears that you're one who values your relationships. It's also likely that you expend more energy than most people do in seeking out and maintaining meaningful ties with others. Your ability to connect emotionally with other people is a gift you shouldn't take lightly as not everyone possesses it. Your heightened drive for love can make you a giving and caring individual, whether you're staying in close contact with your network of friends or taking time out for that special someone.

People who have love as their unconscious drive tend to be nurturing types who are good at taking care of those around them. If this is true for you, then you probably find that you enjoy feeling needed and are happy when you can do things for the people you care about. Just remember that among all of your efforts, it's important to take time for yourself as well.

Misty

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I've apparently got a creative imagination.

Don't know what they're trying to say!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit