What would be something you'd like from secret santa?

by megsmomma 70 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I am already thinking of ideas. My sister had an online relationship with a man from Holland (They are now married in the US) Anyhow, they would send eachother packages and the coolest things he would send was different foods from there... cookies the US doesn't have, chocolate spread for toast.... This is my first gift exchange since I was a kid, so anyone have some ideas? ( Is this kosher to ask?)

• Angharad
    Angharad

You beat me to it Megsmomma, I was planning on starting a thread like this tongiht.

As in previous years can everyone who is involved in the Secret Santa post as few likes and dislikes in this thread so that when people get their names they can come and look up what sort of thing their person would like

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Whew! I get too excited about the holidays! I am like a big kid and really anticipate all the good times!!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The best gift for me is always candles. I am a candle fanatic and burn them every single day year round. So if my BD is coming up or now xmas I always say candles are #1 on my list. I love scents that tie into the season. Other things I would love are: a gift certificate to Barnes & Nobles (I am a member and avid reader), Christian music cds (I am not picky about the band), or any books on poetry or christian art. Lilly

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

First of all, I want to have a foreign giftee. I don't care bout international postage rates-I would love to share with someone in Scotland or Ireland or NZ.

I would like something that is somehow representative of the person sending it-something they love and think is special (a picture, a poem, a song, book) That way I get to know my secret santa a little better. Personally, I like beautiful fabric(little bits for projects) and books. I like little quilting kits. So if what they love coincided with things I enjoy in some way, it would be cool. A melding kind of thing. Considering last year my 'big' gift was a nice warm flannel nightie, I am pretty easy:)

• Angharad
    Angharad

One more thing. if there are a few people that posted to the Santa thread but have not sent me their address yet so please send it soon

• gordon d
    gordon d

My suggestion.... Crisis of Conscience for all you old friends. You know they'd love it but never get it for themselves.

Was the chocolate spread you made referrence to "Nutella".... oooohhhhh "drool" Nutella!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

You know, I am not sure if it was nutella....I have seen that in our stores, so I think it was something different. But he would send her these cool cookies that were made out of a type of waffle (Like the waffle cones at ice cream places) and it has a carmel/brown sugar type filling...anyhow they were good! And when my sister lived in Australia for a while, she found out their big cookie was a Tim-Tam. They are like the Oreo of the US.

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

In no particular order: (1) scented candle (2) christmas tree ornament (non-breakable) (3) souvenir teeshirt from wherever my gift buddy lives (men's XL, please, and no cracks about the size) (4) local souvenir - for instance, here in Wisconsin, for gifts for my overseas friends I love moooo-cow "soap on a rope", cow-patterned coffee cups, a mini-cheesehead keychain, Wisconsin Badgers teeshirt, that sort of thing.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Cats, anything pink is good, I just moved into my own apartment, so any home decoration stuff (anything cool and modern), tshirts are cool, coffee mugs, candles, coloring books and crayons (REALLY!), and if it's from someone in another country I would love something popular with your culture, like a food item or something like that, and anyone is welcome to pay off my car or credit card (joke).

Really anything is good. I'm not a picky person, and just the fact that someone I've never met is willing to mail me a Christmas present is enough to tickle me pink!

~luv, jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit