Changing jobs...

by SoBizzy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• SoBizzy
    SoBizzy

My boss and I were talking today about changing jobs - she said she would have loved to change jobs in her 40's (she's about 60 now) but she said everyone should change jobs about 1/2 way through their lives.

Currently I work in the marketing department of a whitewater rafting outfitter in Pennsylvania - and I think if I changed jobs it would be to become a writer.

So my question is what job would you like to change too and what do you currently do?

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm a software develoment project manager who's being forced to work in marketing. I would like to get into an environmentally friendly (green) design/building position, but can't figure out how to do that.

• gordon d
    gordon d

Serendipity,
    Seems like I remember a movie about a software designer that lived in Dallas, One character found a new career ( I think he worked at Initech before the fire) anyway...he said that he made more money selling magazines door-to-door. And hey, You've already got experience.... Just a thought.
    Gordon

• Honesty
    Honesty

I want to be a disreputable vagrant.

Currently I do contract work for Horovitz Publishers.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was a tool maker for 28 years. This past January I have become a corrections officer.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Right now I'm an office worker, mostly keying work but skilled keying work because of the programs we use at an outsource company.

I'm moving in January to try and get signed as a pro wrestler, after I give that a shot I have no ideas, but I'm not down with returning to an office.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit