by gypsytart 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, Gypsytart.

Cellist

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hi Gypsytart

Your dessert sounds suspiciously like a butter tart (which I love by the way).

As for growing old and dying, yep, mouthy is right. It will happen to all of us like it or not. Is there life after death? Who knows? I figure we should treat everyone with love just in case, and we can't go wrong with that philosophy. We also don't know when we are going to die. So the important question here is, are we going to ruin our current days wishing for something we can't have (everlasting life in paradise) or worrying about the time and manner of our eventual death, or are we going to use and enjoy them to the fullest? Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we may very well be dead. At least at our funeral we can hope people will say, "she really lived!"

Welcome to the forum,

Cog

• hambeak
    hambeak

Hey I love your alias read the book Crisis of Conscience and see for yourself. Set yourself free and enjoy the ride it will be like a rollercoaster with ups and downs. Think for yourself and then make a determination where you stand. I was in all my life until I hit my 30's still wandered around feeling like crap and then I found this board and I can't tell you how much better I feel. WELCOME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking for your posts and you will see how you will grow and be much happier.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Leaving the Org has taken away all the certainty about my future and I find it very difficult and depressing thinking I'll get old, wrinkly, ect etc and die eventually. This really gets me down, there don't seem to be any 'hopes for the future' now that the JW rug has been pulled out from under me. Can anyone relate to this - or am I just slightly crazy??

Thanks for reading, and sorry to have waffled on for a bit!!

I feel very satisfied with knowing I don't have to be certain about anything anymore. I don't have to know the accurate 100% truth about anything that has to do with God or life. That takes a huge burden off my shoulders and it allows the world we live in to become great big, wonderous and mysterious again.

I highly recommed reading this book:

Closer to the Light: Learning From The Near Death Experiences of Children by Melvin More MD

http://www.amazon.com/Closer-Light-Childrens-Near-Death-Experiences/dp/0816151830

This book is researched by a doctor who worked with children. The WTBTS lied to us about Near Death Experiences. Many doctors, nurses, hospice workers, etc. believe these experiences and also death bed visions. They do research on them and study which parts of the brain are involved. There are several cases where patients told the doctors things they could not have known without having an out of body experience.

Reading this book helped me conquer fear of death. It helped me realize that there is hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit