I'm a little confused about this forum

by gordon d 41 Replies latest jw friends

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Each to their own. Personally as soon as I found out the truth about the 'troof' I could no longer go out in service. And that is not judging those that do. That day I started my 'fade' and stopped like an engine running out of petrol! Stuttering to a halt.

It's a horrible place to be, I sometimes long for the freedom of being DAd, but on the other hand I know that would close off completely my avenue to my family, and not just me to them, because I could live with that (they already treat me a lot differently) But it would close off any chance of them contacting me if they were having doubts of their own.

I now feel total distaste for anything to do with the org, my mum often passes on a magazine or something and I just dont want to touch it anymore, I dont know what I'd do if I had to sit through meetings! I feel sorry for them, but totally understand their position.

poppy

• AnonyMouse
    AnonyMouse

Thank you gary :P .

Also, minors don't have the same rights as adults. We are slaves to our parents (mental adulthood or not) until 18. The only rights we have are to protect against mental, emotional, physical abuse or malnutrition.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Gordon, Welcome. I have enjoyed your posts here. Don't worry about asking an honest question and making an honest statement of your thoughts. That is SO fair game on this site. (keep it legal:)) As you can see, there are reasons for everyone being here, and not all are because of being EX JWs. Everyone is welcomed and various viewpoints are very appreciated. That is how many of us have finally learned to step out of the box we had been in in the organization. Some are out physically, but in mentally. Others are just the opposite. Either way-they need support and caring friends who accept them where they are. This is the place! (in the immortal words of Brigham Young-but he is a WHOLE other subject:) )

• moshe
    moshe

My employer sometimes has unhappy workers who file a complaint against the company for "creating a hostile work environment". Sometimes the facts do support that the company allowed a worker to be tormented or persecuted and they have to discipline the offender and then correct the root cause. It's too bad that JW's don't see that they are being mistreated by the Watchtower Society, too. They have such a low opinion of their status in the organization that they don't dare protest. They all hide their common misery from each other, all the while thinking they are the only ones who are unhappy.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Moshe - for some reason your comment sparked a thought in my otherwise mt cranium.

During the time of Nazi persecution of the jews and other hated factions of society, in the death camps were inmates who were given special privilages [living a little longer for instance] by informing on or actually participating in the torture and suffering of their brethren. From a sane pespective, during times of peace, it seems unbelievable that such occured. But while in the moment, the forces were nearly beyond resistance for many.

I think a similar situation exists in some ways with the dubs. Analogizing with the Nazi situation - the GB and HQ puts pressure on the local elders to 'fall in line 100%', the elders in turn put pressure on families to do such, families put pressure on individual members do so such, individual members put internal pressure on themselves to do such. The overriding concept that 'Jehovah will kill us if we don't' becomes more powerful than the basic relationships we hold dear. Men who would make fine elders, concerned shepherds of the flock, become hateful and vindictive, out of frustration with what begins on a wrong premise to begin with. People who would never turn thier backs on family feel driven to 'shun' children, or grandparents. Children who should be taught to love their parents, leave home at 16 to pursue 'truth' in a pioneer home, rather than finish the nurturing process that God surely intended. In short - the inhumanity of the concept, drives personal inhumanity beyond reason.

So, when a jw sees the 'truth about the truth', he knows that his fellow prisoners will turn on him in a heartbeat. So in order to keep what is properly his, relationships with those he loves for instance, he is forced to make concessionary improvisations. In the case of most xjw's the goals are far from personally selfish - they see a possibility of getting more prisoners out, especially family. I can't blame them at all. I was personally very lucky that I did not have to leave many behind - but many cannot say that.

Jeff

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's also people like me on the forum. I'm not a JW, but I'm married to one. Which means in effect, that I am married to the religion. I am forced to keep up-to-date on their current happenings.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am a member in good standing. I read the WT on Sunday meetings from the platform. I pray for the congregation. I go out in service once per month, I do microphonnes etc - and I am a member of this board. I am sorry if that screws with your mind. I like to hear ALL sides of the story not just the WTS side

• gordon d
    gordon d

Hi Stillajwexelder,

What "screws my mind" is how a person without the prerequisite penis can handle something as phallic as a microphone.... not to mention, can read the WT to the members who actually have external sex organs... How ever do you guys function in the UK???

Now I'm really confused!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

It's true, you do seem confused now... are you referring to stillajw's avatar? Notice the sign-on also says "was an elder". Methinks the avatar is not representative of the genitalia of Stilla's person.

Yes?

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy
    What "screws my mind" is how a person without the prerequisite penis can handle something as phallic as a microphone.... not to mention, can read the WT to the members who actually have external sex organs... How ever do you guys function in the UK???

Now I'm really confused!

Hi Gordon,

Yah, you got to watch yourself to not pay to much attention to the avatars, gender symbols, ages, and locations that appear for the poster. Keep in mind that all of those things are voluntarily picked and can be changed at any time. I know I have alomost gotten into a few problems with replies on threads because I assumed some info about a poster because of the info given. I mean I could say in my profile setup that I'm female, 150 years old, from Tanzania, and have an avatar of Wonder Woman, but that doesn't mean it's true.

BTW, good thread topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit