Are there any former COs or DOs here?

by exwitless 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Randy Watters was quite high up there at Bethel wasn't he? I'm not sure what position he held though......

• blondie
    blondie

As far as I can tell, Randy was neither a CO or a DO.

But I found this:

T69 FREE AT LAST! --Vito and Annette Potenzieri. Former Circuit Overseer and wife tell their story about "Armageddon in 1975"; refusing a blood transfusion for their son, etc.

http://www.witnessinc.com/html/tapes.html

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

As I recall Don Nelson spoke at the WNFJ conventions a few years in a row when I was there and was a former DO or CO...but the man was HYSTERICALLY funny! And you know...when you get to that position in the org, you become VERY dangerous to them when you leave. I think that is why the Society tried to destroy Ray Franz when he left so people wouldnt listen to him and follow him out. Kill the messenger...like the Mafia...destroy all witnesses to the crime.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

going thru maximus's posts i came across this thread. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/6496/1.ashx

it is titled favorite/least favorite co's .. lots of names and descriptions , very interesting older thread from 01.

• toreador
    toreador

I am not sure but Hillary Step may have been a CO or at least filled in a time or two. You might ask him as he posts here.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

My understanding is that Maximus is no longer a young man and has fallen to the ills that flesh is heir to. We wish him well, but it isn't likely we will see him here again.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

candidlynuts, I started that thread (my old name was OrangeBlossom). As far as Maximus is concerned, he enlightened many of us to the inner workings of the society. I know personally that he was for real. Unfortunately, he took some negative hits from other posters and quit posting. Our loss! Someone else mentioned a while back that he was having health problems, I hope he is doing well.

• toreador
    toreador

Maximus may no longer be with us

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit