They say "What does it really matter"

by rockhound 1 Replies latest jw friends

• rockhound
    rockhound

"Can't you just forget all that old stuff and put it all behind you?" "What does that really matter, New Light has cleared all that up." "All that was before Brother Russell was enlightened" "If your researching all that stuff about Russell, then don't waste you time"

It seems to me that very few Witnesses really care about all the contradiction and craziness that the Society taught as doctrine in years gone by. The above comments seem to be the tragic norm for Witnesses, and yet these same persons, when on Bible studies, will not hesitate to attack the different churches for their past or present misdeeds. Few notice or care when they are shown that the Society has a lot to keep hidden in its past, and present. Scriptural truths are rock solid, but the organization uses them like a piece of silly putty that you can form into one shape today, then twist a little here, and push a little there, and presto, "New Light", a completely different shape tommorrow. All of this is of course backed by the "Holy Spirit", so they say, until they get caught in their error, and then they slip into their "woe is me" suit of clothes, and yell "Persecution", and nobody seem to care or notice that what was promoted as "New Light" from Jehovah, was it fact just plain wrong reasoning from Brooklyn. The age of these doctrines in no way invalidated the material that was presented as "God Given interpretation". Some of the expressions used were "but of God", "absolutely and unqualifiedly correct", "definitely settled by the Scriptures", "no slip-up", but was proven wrong for the whole world to see. Maybe the Society's publications should all be printed in braille, but then again, even that wouldn't help those who refuse to "open their mental eyes". Does God's word or His revelations become outdated? Looking at the Society's past tense "Truths" is kind of like looking at one of those salt water taffy machines at work as it pulls and streches the taffy until its cut up into bite size sweets for the public to narf down. "My mind is made up", don't confuse me with facts, seems to be the usual response "I don't want to hear anything that would make me doubt or loose faith." Evidently "being in the Truth" has nothing to do with actually knowing the Truth, after all, "What does it really matter"? It's not the steak that's being sold, it's the sizzle!!!

ROCKHOUND

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Theres a lot of sheeple out there. A lot of people are in a trance they never wake from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit