What Kingdom News Was Similar To # 37?

by jimbo 7 Replies latest jw friends

• jimbo
    jimbo

Does any one have a picture of the one that was similar to # 37?

When was that one distributed?

Thanks for the info!!!

jimbo

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Isn't the real question, "When was a tract campaign NOT like this"?

• Arthur
    Arthur

1973 - KN # 16 - Is Time Running Out For Mankind?

1973 - KN # 17 - Has Relgion Betrayed God and Man?

Here is a link the the thread where someone listed all of the KN Tracts from 1918 through 1997:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/122463/2.ashx

• sandy
    sandy

The dubs were in my neck of the woods this morning. I was outside watering the lawn watching them. They seemed to be hitting the doors really fast, just knocking and leaving the tract. They finished the street so quickly. A young teenage? pair, boy and girl came around the corner and tried to talk to me. My house sits on a corner. She was walking along the street on her cell phone. Then after they turned the corner she hung up and tried to give me the tract. She called me and said something like . . . Good Morning, we have an "Important Message for you and your family." I just yelled out Thank you but I already got it from my family. She didn't hear me or understand me so I repeated my self and added my family are witnesses. Nobody in my family bothered to give me a tract. Anyways, the dubs seemed to be crawling all over our neighborhood today. I was at my parents house this afternoon and my little eight-yr-old niece mentioned that they were all over their neighborhood too today. Then she said and I quote: "It was so embarrassing we should have been out on field service today too," 8 yrs Old! God the freaking brain-washing! This niece I do have hope for though. She is a very logical person. A couple years ago she asked me about Noah and how he could have gotten every animal on the ark. She loves animals and is always watching nature shows and animal planet, which I am sure made her think and ask me this question.

• jimbo
    jimbo

Thank you Arthur and crazyblondeb and sandy.

I recall Kingdom News #16. I shared extensively in handing out that tract. I also remember one in 1982 on a similar theme.

Terrible waste of time!!!

Thanks for your replies.

jimbo

• Gordy
    Gordy

I was informed the other day that each JW got 50 of the tracts to distribute.

If both congregations that I knew, had a combined total of 200 brothers/sisters. That means they had 10,000 tracts to distribute. In a territory with a population of 85,000.

Which means that there will be 1 tract to every 8.5 persons.

That means if I was given a tract then 7 other people don't get one. That means 88% of the population is not going to get a tract.

Yet they are put this over as some great preaching/warning work.

What kind of warning is only given to 12% of people?

Some JW's seem to think this tract will spark persecution. Persecution from who? 1 in 8 people??

Also this is not the first time they have used the "False Religion" theme.

Watchtower 1996 1st January .

p. 11 par. 12 Jehovah Gives Peace and Truth in Abundance ***

"As evidence that the pouring out of these plagues continues, the talk "False Religion’s End Is Near" was delivered worldwide on April 23, 1995, followed by the distribution of hundreds of millions of copies of a special issue of Kingdom News."

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Kingdom News No. 17

Has Religion Betrayed God and Man?

To be faithful to God and to man—

• Religion should be a real force for peace on earth.

• It should truly aid people to live clean lives.

• It should set the example in being free from greed.

Most religions claim to do this. But have they proved true to their claim?

Instead, what if there has been betrayal? Then you owe it to yourself to learn the facts.

DO THE WORLD’S RELIGIONS SHARE BLAME FOR BLOODSHED?

The Bible says: “If anyone makes the statement: ‘I love God,’ and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar.—1 John 4:20.

Compare that scripture with this statement by noted Protestant clergyman Harry Emerson Fosdick: “With one corner of our mouth we have praised the Prince of Peace and with the other we have glorified war.”

Typical is what happened in World War I:

Roman Catholic Cardinal Amette of Paris told soldiers fighting in the French army: “The Almighty God is on our side. . . . God will give us the victory.”

On the opposite side, the Roman Catholic archbishop of Cologne told German soldiers: “God is with us in this fight . . . and he will give us the victory.”

(Quoted in the Belgian newspaper “La Dernière Heure.”)

In more recent times we see news headlines like those at the right.

Catholic Poll Finds Clergy Pro-Viet War

NEW YORK, POST, SEPT. 7, 1967

CHURCHES INVEST IN MILITARY FIRMS

DAILY TELEGRAPH (Australia), Jan. 7, 1972

Lutherans Promise Support, Even to War, Of U.S. Steps in Crisis

STAR, 1950

Wednesday, March 2, 1949

Baptist World Leader Warns U.S. to Keep Arms Strength

Rev. Johnson Says ‘Physical Force Is Only Thing Russia Understands’

SAN FRANCISCO NEWS, March 2, 1949

Nazi Army Praised

German Catholic Bishops Loyal

NEW YORK POST Aug. 27, 1940

Is the record of non-Christian religions better? No. They too have supported bloodspilling on a major scale. Their members often kill one another over political issues.

HAVE THE WORLD’S RELIGIONS UPHELD HIGH MORALS?

The Bible says: “Make no mistake: no fornicator . . . none who are guilty either of adultery or of homosexual perversion, no thieves . . . or swindlers, will possess the kingdom of God.”—1 Corinthians 6:9, 10, NE.

Are the world’s religions free from guilt? No; even among religious people those practices have increased at a shocking rate.

Ask yourself: ‘Suppose everyone lived like members of my religion? Would that eliminate crime, dishonest business practices and immorality?’

When, in fact, did you last hear of a religion removing members who insist on practicing such things? Instead, what is happening is shown in the news clippings at the left.

SEPTEMBER 25, 1964

Pre-marital sex can be O.K.

OTAWA, CANADAZ

Is Homosexuality Wicked? Episcopal Priests Say No

NEWS, NOV. 29 1967

Bishop wants sex made legal at 14

AUCKLAND STAR (New Zealand), July 11, 1972

Archbishop: Many of our clergy are homosexual

THE ADVERTISER (Australia), April 19, 1973

ARE THEY FREE FROM THE LOVE OF MONEY?

The Bible says: “Its priests teach for hire, its prophets divine for money; yet they lean upon the Lord and say, ‘Is not the Lord in the midst of us?’” But Jesus Christ told his disciples: “You received free, give free.”—Micah 3:11, RS; Matthew 10:8.

What do you see today? Think: ‘How often has a religious leader come to my home to discuss God and his purposes? On the other hand, how many times have they asked me for money, perhaps even refusing religious services unless money was paid?

The truth is that religious organizations are often among the greatest holders of wealth. Costly religious buildings tower over areas where their members live in stark poverty and hunger.

What Does All This Mean?

The facts show that the world’s religions have proved hypocritical, false to God, grossly misrepresenting him. They have also betrayed mankind’s interests. To what will this lead?

God Will Destroy All False Religion Soon

God has given the world’s religions a long time to prove what they are. Today we see their rotten fruitage all over the earth.

The Bible shows that God’s day for accounting is now at hand. For the honor of His own name; which has long been slandered, and for the eternal good of all persons who love righteousness, God must and will act. What will he do?

His inspired Word compares the world empire of false religion to a grossly immoral woman named “Babylon the Great.” She is “richly adorned,” living in “shameless luxury.” In her is found the ‘blood of all earth’s slaughtered.’ God sentences her to be “burned with fire,” completely destroyed. (See Revelation chapters 17 and 18.) This destruction will come from the very political powers that she has dominated for so long. What does this mean for you?

Time Now to Seek Safety

God’s warning call is: ‘Get out of Babylon the Great if you do not want to receive her plagues.’ (Revelation 18:1-4) We are now in the “last days” of this present world system. (2 Timothy 3:1-5) To escape the fate that awaits hypocritical false religion, you need to cut all ties with it. But that is not all. You must practice true worship. Where can it be found?

True Worship Honors God, Upholds His Word

In over 200 lands there is a society of persons who detest the hypocrisy and deception practiced by false religion. They courageously uphold God’s Word the Bible, practice it and work for the lasting good of their fellowman. In honor of God’s name, they are known as Jehovah’s witnesses. But are they really different from other religions?

True Worship Is Free

Jehovah’s witnesses believe Jesus’ words, “You received free, give free.” They freely give their time to aid others to learn the truth from God’s Word the Bible. You can receive such help at home through a personal Bible study, free of cost. You are welcome at their Kingdom Hall meetings; no collection plate is ever passed.

True Religion Changes People

Hundreds of thousands of persons world wide have been helped to bring their lives into harmony with God’s Word. Though from all races, nationalities and backgrounds, Jehovah’s witnesses are united. They no longer hate and kill; instead, they really love one another. They have learned how to put away immoral practices and to lead clean and happy lives. They have not betrayed either God or their fellowman; they would rather die than do that. They have a sure hope for the future: life in a clean, peaceful, parklike earth under God’s Kingdom government.

What Will You Do?

Do you sincerely want to know the truth about your Creator? Do you want life in peace and righteousness for yourself and those you love?

Only persons who practice true worship will survive the fast-approaching destruction of this wicked system with its religion that betrays God and man.

Avail yourself now of the opportunity to get the knowledge that leads to survival and gain life in God’s righteous new order.

Contact Jehovah’s witnesses in your area. And, to obtain the helpful book here illustrated, “True Peace and Security—From What Source?”, mail this coupon.

[ ] Please send me, postpaid, the 192-page book “True Peace and Security—From What Source?” Hard bound; easy-to-read type. I am enclosing 25 cents.

[ ] Please arrange for a qualified person to visit me, free of charge, to aid me to get better acquainted with the Bible.

[Picture on page 4]

True Peace and Security—From What Source?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Kingdom News No. 16

Is Time Running Out for Mankind?

Do the big problems facing the human race have a deeper meaning than most people realize?

Does the Bible really foretell vast changes that will affect all mankind in the very near future?

These Problems Threaten All Mankind

Massive Famine Hitting Millions

Earth’s “population explosion” means that every day there are 200,000 more mouths to feed—75,000,000 more each year.

“It is already too late to avoid famines that will kill millions, possibly by 1975. . . . Already half a billion people are slowly starving, another billion are malnourished.”—Biologist P. Ehrlich.

Even where there is not yet actual famine, soaring prices make it ever harder to feed one’s family.

Crime Spreads, Becomes More Violent

United Nations Secretary-General Waldheim says of the world crime situation: “Despite material progress, human life has never had a greater sense of insecurity than it is experiencing today. . . . There is widespread and mounting evidence of a crime crisis.”

How safe do you and your family feel—at home, on the streets, in school?

Sickness and Pollution—Growing Threats to Your Life

Air pollution nears the crisis level in city after city. Earth’s waters—oceans, lakes and rivers—are becoming increasingly contaminated.

Heart disease causes more than half the deaths each year in the United States. Cancer, mental illness, venereal diseases—all have reached epidemic proportions. Malaria, trachoma and snail fever now afflict 800,000,000 persons.

Can Men Solve Such Urgent Problems?

World leaders now predict an enduring peace. This, they say, will allow them to focus their efforts on these urgent problems. But to achieve their aim, basic changes must be made in the people themselves. Yet, what do you see?

Are people becoming more considerate, honest and unselfish? The facts show that the trend is in the other direction.

That is why it is vital for you to see the far deeper meaning in the big problems that face mankind. That deeper meaning shows the true urgency of our time.

Why We Know That Time Is Running Out

Do you realize that these very conditions were foretold centuries ago? Where? In the Bible.

When the disciples of Jesus Christ asked him, “What will be the sign . . . of the conclusion of the system of things?” he answered by foretelling events that would identify the generation living at the time when God would wipe out this corrupt world. He said that the time just before that would be marked by international war, food shortages, disease epidemics, earthquakes, also increased lawlessness. The Bible also foretold that men would be “ruining the earth.” Read this for yourself in your own Bible at Matthew chapters 24 and 25, Luke 21 and Revelation 11:15-18.

But how do we know that we live in the generation of which Jesus spoke? Because people now living have seen the foretold events take place, all of them, and on a global scale.

Furthermore, Bible prophecy pinpoints the year 1914. as one of great significance. That is why, over thirty years before that date, Jehovah’s witnesses, careful students of the Bible, widely announced this.

What do historians now say? Recently, University Professor D. F. Fleming wrote: “More and more historians look back upon World War I [starting in 1914] as the turning point of modern history, the catastrophic collapse which opened the way for others, perhaps the final one.”

What does all this mean?

That 1914 was the start of what the Bible calls “the last days.”

The last days of what? Not of the earth, nor of the human race. But the last days of the present world system that is ruining the earth. When will this time period end and the foretold destruction come? As recorded at Matthew 24:34, Jesus answered:

“Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.”

The generation seeing the start of “the sign” in 1914 is now far along in years. Time is obviously running out!

But what about the great efforts under way by world leaders to bring peace and security world wide? Note carefully what 1 Thessalonians 5:3 says:

“Whenever it is that they are saying: ‘Peace and security!’ then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them.”

What does this mean for you?

You Can Be Happy That So Little Time Is Left

Does that sound strange? Yet the news that God will soon destroy this corrupt world should make honest-hearted persons everywhere rejoice!

It is the answer to the prayer of millions of persons who have longed for God’s kingdom to come and for His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:9, 10) What changes will the rule of God’s kingdom by Christ bring to earth? The Bible says:

LASTING PEACE

“The princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called . . . Prince of Peace. To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end . . . Jehovah of armies will do this.”—Isaiah 9:6, 7.

NO MORE CRIME AND HUNGER

“They will actually sit, each one under his vine and under his fig tree, and there will be no one making them tremble.” Also, “There will come to be plenty of grain on the earth.”—Micah 4:4; Psalm 72:16.

ETERNAL LIFE IN REAL HEALTH

“The gift God gives is everlasting life.” “Death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.”—Romans 6:23; Revelation 21:4.

THE EARTH A DELIGHTFUL HOME

“The meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace . . . they will reside forever upon it.”—Psalm 37:11, 29; Matthew 5:5.

How can you be sure that God’s time is really at hand to do these things? Being convinced of this would give real meaning to your life even now. You can gain that conviction. How? There is only one way.

By getting a clear understanding of what is in the Bible. Jehovah’s witnesses will be happy to call at your home, free of charge, to discuss the grand prospects ahead and to answer your Bible questions. If you wish, more information will be sent by mall. Send In the coupon below; do it today. Or, get in touch with Jehovah’s witnesses locally.

[ ] Please arrange for a qualified person to visit me for a free home Bible discussion.

[ ] Please send me the 416-page hardbound book ”God’s Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached.” I am enclosing 50 cents.

[Chart on page 3]

(For fully formatted text, see publication)

WORLD WARS

MASSIVE FAMINES

DISEASE EPIDEMICS

VIOLENT CRIMES

GLOBAL POLLUTION

End of This System

ALL IN ONE GENERATION

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit