New Biography of Pastor Russell

by RR 83 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

New Biography of Pastor Russell

Ninety years ago the founder of the Bible Students, Pastor Charles Taze Russell, died. The organization he established became fragĀ¬mented and subject to strong personalities who felt they knew how to best continue his legacy. These differences between the groups who trace their roots to the Pastor's ministry continue to our day.

The Pastor's message of hope, so different from that of the Christian denominations of his day, attracted critics who, when unable to counter his Scriptural arguments, resorted to maligning his character. Such attacks still continue even though few today embrace his original message in its purity.

This book, the culmination of over ten years of research and writing, traces the work of Pastor Russell from the earliest days of his search for truth, through the immense popularity he enjoyed particularly through the publication of his sermons in the newspapers, and then the events that followed his death. All the fundamental beliefs he promulgated are reviewed. Each of the attacks brought against him are thoroughly investigated including his credentials to preach, the selling of "miracle wheat," the state of his marriage, and the question of which books he really authored. The facts contained in each chapter are marked with endnotes so the reader can check the original sources to confirm what is said.

This beautifully printed, hardcover book, containing 468 pages, is being distributed by Bible Student Ministries for just $18.00, postpaid to addresses in North America to those on this forum as supplies last.

Bible Students Ministries
    P.O. Box 6685
    Bridgewater, NJ 08807-6685

Accepting Paypal - [email protected]

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Is this the book that is supposed to have short biographical essays about other Bible Students associated with Pastor Russell, that was described as a forthcoming book on the main Bible Student website?

• RR
    RR

NO, this is a biography on the life and ministry of Pastor Russell.

RR

• VM44
    VM44

Thanks for this announcement RR.

I will be ordering this book.

--VM44

• Bryan
    Bryan

It's so amazing to me that as a Witness, I never knew there was a splinter group. I never knew the pyramid measurements gave them 1914!

I thought I knew everything as a Witness. Ten years out, and I know so much more!

Bryan

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    The Pastor's message of hope, so different from that of the Christian denominations of his day, attracted critics who, when unable to counter his Scriptural arguments, resorted to maligning his character. Such attacks still continue even though few today embrace his original message in its purity.

Oh come, come. Just because a message of hope is different doesn't mean it's valid. Russell's message may have spun scripture in an unorthodox manner but it was just as fallacious and misleading as any other biblical 'message of hope'.

And which of his 'scriptural arguments' are unable to be countered? I was under the impression that Russell had been thoroughly debunked and discredited. There is good reason why so few today embrace his original message.

I honestly don't mean any offence RR but the regurgitation of failed, century old dogma isn't worth the cost of a postage stamp. Why is it that you still believe?

• RR
    RR

While the pyramid measurements gave them 1914 and other dates, the pyramid was not how they arrived at the date.

• RR
    RR
    And which of his 'scriptural arguments' are unable to be countered? I was under the impression that Russell had been thoroughly debunked and discredited. There is good reason why so few today embrace his original message.

I guess you'd have to purchase the book to find out, eh? Or maybe not! The choice is yous!

I honestly don't mean any offence RR but the regurgitation of failed, century old dogma isn't worth the cost of a postage stamp. Why is it that you still believe?

I believe ... because it's the Truth, simple as that! Just because you've decided to throw the baby out with thebathwater, doesn't mean I have too.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Who is the author? Are there photos in the book?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

If you are willing to reason I am open to debate this but your comment suggests a rather closed mind.

I believe ... because it's the Truth, simple as that!

Your choice . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit