Welcome Dr. Zhivago

by BabaYaga 7 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Another one of those interesting first posts that got gobbled up and rather lost...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/122905/2174375/post.ashx#2174375

Welcome again, Dr. Zhivago.

• Dr Zhivago
    Dr Zhivago

Thank you for the welcome, Baba. I've been lurking here on JWD for about three years now. My wife has been posting for awhile. She finally told me I had to get my own account. She said she was going to start looking like a split-personality if she said for me what I wanted said.

I've enjoyed reading everyones experiences and thoughts. I still have relatives and aquaintance who are JWs, so I like to keep up on the latest WTS happenings too.

DrZ

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome Dr. Zhivago, loved the movie! One of my all time favorites!!

• Mystla
    Mystla

I recently returned here after a long absence. My Mom had been acting wierder than usual, so I checked in here to see if there was a reason. I heard about the recent WT article on when a loved one leaves Jah and knew that had to be what was behind her angst I didn't really know where else to look for that kind of info.. gotta love this board!

Welcome Dr. Z.. which poster is your wife? if you don't mind me asking?

Misty

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Dr Zhivago, and welcome to the forum

• Dr Zhivago
    Dr Zhivago

bikerchic - We loved the movie too and the music (Lara's theme especially).

mystla - Thanks. Welcome back to you. My wife is Cellist.

fullofdoubtnow - Thank you for the welcome.

DrZ

• becca1
    becca1

I too would like to welcome Dr. Zhivago. I just finished reading that thread about the anointed. How come it got lost?

Anyway, if I had seen it when it was first posted I would have replied to it because it's a subject that really interests me. So I hope you don't mind but I am going to post my comments on it here.

As a little girl, my parents had a lot of association with missionaries that were of the annointed. My mom learned the truth from one of them. She was probably the only "normal" one I ever me t(the anointed sister, not my mom).. All of these were pre-1935. All were extreemly zealous about the truth. A couple were a little batty but sweet. Others were harsh and demanding. I remember being uneasy around them. One in particular was very critical of everything and everyone and was always getting into arguments with another one who happend to be my dad's good friend. He was a real charachter but totally self absorbed.

One particular couple were particularly feared. They were in the circuit work and and when they came around some of the friends hid their TV's before having them over for a meal. They were very critical about TV viewing. The husband was the brother of a GB member. He ate raw onions and lemons with every meal. He made his elderly, sickly wife wash their clothes by hand to aclimate her for the great tribulation.

Those I've known of the post 35 group were odd as well. One is an elder in a nearby cong.Several families moved to our cong because they could not get along with him. One was my husband's aunt who was as wacky as the come. She went "apostate" before she died.

I agree with Blondie that we have many kookie ones in the "great crowd" as well. But as they said in Spiderman : "with great power comes great responsibility". So the anointed are looked up to and examined by others and what they do seems to stand out. Anyway, if the ones I have know are a true representation of our future government officials, I would be worried.

• Dr Zhivago
    Dr Zhivago

Thanks for the welcome, becca1. Personally, I don't mind you posting that here. What you described is what I observed also. Not a group I'd want to see running anything. And I also agree with what you say about responsibility. Under WTS theology, the annointed were suppose to set the proper example.

DrZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit