WTS involvement with politics/UN exaggerated?

by troubled 31 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Alan, I reply to your comment:

"On the Jimmy Swaggart thing, I agree that the Society was not wrong in filing a brief with the court. They were completely out of line, though, in telling the JW community that the switch to a donation arrangement was due to a desire to "simplify" and to more easily get "Bible based literature" into the hands of people. The fact that the donation arrangement applied only in relatively wealthy lands proves that it was a tax avoidance matter, nothing more. Such deception is inappropriate for Christians and it proves conclusively that JW leaders are lousy Christians"

I just wanted to add that it is so hypocritical because in practice they DO charge for the literature since the congregations are required to pay a set price for each item and if they don't they will not receive future literature orders.

So they are illegally avoiding taxes in this issue, which is also hypocrisy since they require JW's to pay their taxes.

Bluesapphire

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Bluesapphire,

thanks for you interesting comments.

"I just wanted to add that it is so hypocritical because in practice they DO charge for the literature since the congregations are required to pay a set price for each item and if they don't they will not receive future literature orders."

Very true, I did post something on this thread a longtime ago, to
    prove what you wrote.

"So they are illegally avoiding taxes in this issue, which is also hypocrisy since they require JW's to pay their taxes."

Excellent way of putting down in writing, simple FACTS!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit