trinity

by inactive in jersey 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Mondo:

It isn't so much that the Trniity has been kept, but if you rejected it and got caught, you could forget about much else.. often including your own life.

LoL, that`s funny. I wonder how your fellow jws would react if you suddenly turned trinitarian. They probably wouldn`t even warn you or offer you a "Bible study" before they kicked you out the door.

• RU Saved
    RU Saved

I would like to think of it as 1x1x1=1 God....three seperate persons.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Never did and never will.

Warlock

• Honesty
    Honesty

I didn't while I was under the influence of the "Faithless Indiscreet Slave." Now that I have accepted Christ alone as my Lord, Savior and Mediator; Yes, I believe that God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

As a matter of fact the Watchtower Society even says that by reading the Bible alone without their "Bible Aids" one will most assuredly begin to believe far differently than what is taught at the kingdom hall:

Watchtower Magazine 8/15/81 page 28 pararagraph 14

They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such ‘Bible reading,’ they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom’s clergy were teaching 100 years ago...

For those who dismiss the concept that God is the essence or being of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, the following Scripture passage is very difficult for them to reconcile:

Rev 22:1-4 Then he showed me the river of living water, sparkling like crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the broad street [of the city] . On both sides of the river was the tree of life bearing 12 kinds of fruit, producing its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree are for healing the nations, and there will no longer be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and His servants will serve Him. They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.

Why doesn't this say, "the thrones of God and of the Lamb?"

Why does it say, "and His servants will serve Him" instead of "and their servants will serve them?"

Why does it say, "They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads." instead of "They will see their faces, and their names will be on their foreheads."?

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

Honesty,

Carry that argument throughout the Bible and see how many trinities and dualities you can come up with. For example, the "name of our fathers, Abraham and Isaac" within Genesis 48. Two fathers, one name, so one being? It doesn't carry.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

If you miss bible study try taking up some university level study in spirituality

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Yes, I do.

My own personal feeling is that you either "have" it or you dont. You cant "learn" it nor can you fully "understand" it. If you place "rationality" above "revelation" then you will never "have" it, no matter what is said. If you accept "revelation" in all its aspects, you will "have" it no matter what is said.

We will never "know" this side of eternity, what the reality is, we are called upon only to "believe"

Take it or leave it.

The choice is yours and have a nice day.

Cheers

• heathen
    heathen

I actually agree with the WTBTS on the issue of trinity . The trinity was first believed by pagans . I think unitarians are the only other religion that does not teach a trinity but I disagree with their stand that it's blasheme to say jesus is God .According to mathew 28:18 , jesus is given all authority in heaven and earth and Isaiah 9:6 calls the messiah Mighty God . It might be blashpeme to say jesus is God almighty but not to say God. Jesus was more of an angelic messenger during his ministry , it was only after his death that he is exhaulted to a possition above the angels. There are scriptures that explain it .

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Jersey,

Mull over these for a little bit. They will get you thinking. Feel free to write me if you like.

gold_morning

God is Alpha and Omega Rev. 1:8
    Jesus is Alpha and Omega Rev. 22:12-16

God returns to Mt. of Olives Zech 14:4-5
    Jesus returns to Mt. of Olives Acts 1:9-12

The gospel of God 2 Cor. 11:7
    The gospel of Christ 2 Cor. 10:14

Jehovah is Lord Dt. 6:4, 2 Sam. 7:28, Ps.
    18:31, Ps. 118:27, 1 Kings 18:39
    Jesus is Lord Phil. 2:11, 1 Cor. 12:3, John 13:13, Jude 4, 1 Cor.
    16:23

****God is Savior Isa. 43:3, 10-11, Hos. 13:4****
    ****Jesus is Savior Luke 2:11, Acts 4:10-12, Titus 1:3-4, 2:13***

God is Creator Gen. 1:1, Ps. 102:25
    Jesus is Creator Col. 1:16, Heb. 1:2,10, John 1:3,10

God is worshipped Ex. 20:3-5, Rev. 22:9
    Jesus is worshipped Heb. 1:6, John 20:28, Matt. 28:9

God pours out Spirit Joel 2:27-28
    Jesus pours out Spirit Acts 2:33

God is Judge Ps. 50:5-6, Rom. 2:5
    Jesus is Judge John 5:22, Rev. 2:23, 22:12

God is Shepherd Psalm 23:1
    Jesus is Shepherd John 10:14

God knows all Ps. 139:1-4
    Jesus knows all John 21:17

God forgives sins Jer. 31:34, Luke 5:21
    Jesus forgives sins Matt. 9:2, Mark 2:5-10

God sanctifies us 1 Thess. 5:22
    Jesus sanctifies us Eph. 5:25-26

Every knee bows to God Isa. 45:21-23
    Every knee bows to Jesus Phil. 2:10-11

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

Hmm.. lets see. Rev. 22:13 isn't about Jesus. Acts 1's location only deals with departing. Gospel of them both. Jesus is MADE Lord. (Acts 2:36) Jesus is God's means of saving (John 3:16-17) Jesus is not said to be creator, but the one that God used to create. (Joh. 1:3, Col. 1:16; Heb. 1:2) Jewish king is worshipped (1Chron. 29:20 KJV) Christians shall judge too. Jesus didn't know the Revelation he was given. (Rev. 1:1) The apostles could forgive sins. (Joh. 20:22-23) Every knee bows to Jesus because God exalted him, not because he is God. (Phil. 2:8-11).

Mondo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit