In Hope of Helping a Dub become Ex-Dub

by KW13 10 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Hey Everybody,

Tyrion, I think your right in saying that you have one good chance at reaching your family. When you present the document you have to go one by one and totally dominate the conversation. I'll have everything up in a day or so. The basic outline for the presentation is as follows:

Part One - The Faithful Slave
    1. Define the Faithful Slave
    2. List all claims the Watchtower magazine states about the faithful slave, document by document.
    3. Provide a hand written outline to the individual showing all of the claims just covered.
    4. Now go point by point and show how each and every claim on the list does not match up with reality.

Part Two - The New World Translation & Kingdom Interlinear
    1. Read a number of selected claims made in the forward of the Kingdom Interlinear.
    2. Go passage by passage and show how the claims they make in the forward regarding their translation is not honest. Refer back to the claimes made in the forward every time they break on of their own 'rules'. Remember, this is not a discussion of DOCTRINE but instead a discussion about the truthfulness of the forward.
    3. By using various publications show that their insertion of the name 'Jehovah' into the New Testement would mean that the Bible cannot be trusted. (They actually go so far as to say the Bible has been changed in the forward of the Interlinear, WTF??)
    4. After this point I have some various other documents that will show that the society is not concerned with truth. This consists of showing how they misquote other peoples books and a few other things. This is additional information you can have stored and ready if you feel you need to go on a little further to make your point.

Part Three - Something Better
    At this point the individual should have at least some kind of feeling about what you have shown them. They may realize that what you have shown them means the JWs are true, or at the very least what you have shown them means that they have to do additional research. It's at this point you can take on the role of teacher (something they think only they can do). There are a number of important verses to share with them about Jesus. Show them the need to go straight to him.

In this process first you show them how the doctrine of the faithful slave is wrong, then how their Bible is wrong. In doing so you take down the two false 'authorities' that are lording over them. From there you can offer something better.

I'll have all of the documents for this presentation up as soon as I can get it all done, scanned and then uploaded. Let me know what you think!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit