• Ade
    Ade

This is the way i found being a JW to be in a simplified fashion

Get taught evil doctrine,
    accept it because you keep reading their tracts/books,
    learn never to question it as the FDS are always correct
    start attending between three and five meetings a week
    be forced out on ministry if you want to be baptized
    become accepted ( except you can never be as good as those "born into the truth",
    get baptized,
    be even more accepted because your baptized ( but still have no true friends )
    lose your social life
    become depressed
    be told you need to do more on the ministry thats why your depressed
    do more on the ministry
    become more depressed ( except now you dont even have time to see the doctor )
    plod along unhappy and feeling worthless because your pleasing God.
    in some cases become suicidal ,commit suicide and then none of your so called brothers and sisters attend your funeral and God rejects you so all of the above was in vain.

Some however,
    start to read the bible and realize that if Jesus yoke is light and unburdensome then surely living on prozac just isnt right.
    Look deeper into the errors in JW doctrine
    Go and tell the elders what you think about their lies
    DA OR BECOME DF'D
    go home celebrate your birthday the same year ( without feeling guilty )
    have more knowledge about how a cult can control your mind
    actually have time to read the bible
    hang around in places like this
    find time to question witnesses and cult who come to your door
    attend apostafests
    Serve God through Faith accepting his Grace, not believing the works ( placing tracts / magazines ) you do will save you.
    oh yeah , and finally go buy a decent bible translation, one that A satanist didnt translate.
    Die Happy >:)

all the best
    Ade

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

I was once told that, just as this old world is 'panting on towrds the end', we will grow tired as well. This is the time redouble our efforts!!

Well, keeping your nose to the grindstone, just wears your nose away!

So many prophecies, so many promises, with such conviction from the GB and WTS, they probably believed it themselves.

Strange how I ran my legs off while in the 'truth'. So busy, with preperation for meetings, the meeting itself, field service, studies with 'interested' ones. Then we still had to do a bible study with our children. Be employed and provide for the family, somewhere in all that you still need to travel back and forth to all these meetings, and have personal' study time. Eat and sleep still needs a spot too.

No time to think, to absorb what you learn, to be quiet before God.

Now I have time to think. Read the bible and contemplate it's meaning to my life without rushing somewhere to be told what to think. Much better this way. I pray that my friends and family will 'see' the truth soon.

Of hoe, Ade?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    No time to think, to absorb what you learn, to be quiet before God

That spiritual buffet was more than I could or needed to feed on.'

purps

• greendawn
    greendawn

The sum total of your observations is that the WTS likes to receive from its members but it doesn't like to give. It's a very rotten deal that's why I left very early on.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well put, Ade. Exactly as you state. I think the whole idea is to keep our minds so occupied with frivolous thinking, that we cannot ever contemplate the simple Grace of God and His Son.

In his final 'bid farewell' to me this week [sent to me just before the DA announcement], an elder friend of mine for the past three decades felt compelled to tell me 'where I had gone wrong'. I had dared to miss meetings [he assumed over anger regarding mistreatment], and so I lost Jehovah's spirit and became a victim of Satan [in so many words]. Though his response was in reply to a letter I sent him that was entirely focused on how I had developed a love of and relationship with Jesus and had accepted Grace as intended. He never saw any of that, just insisting that my whole problem? was that I had quit attending meetings. He had the organization so elevated above the supposed reason for the organization, yet he could not see it. How sad.

I wonder if the Pharisee's might have made similar comments to those who rejected Judaism in favor of a relationship with Christ?

Jeff

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

"Let heavier work be laid upon the men that they may labor at it and pay no regard to lying words."......Thus says Pharaoh

• Ade
    Ade

Ja ons is goed man, maar dit is baaie koud hier .. brrrrrrrrrr

Ade

• Ade
    Ade

Concerning the failed prophecies, not long before i left i tested the honesty of a few elders.Whilst out on field service i asked them about 1975 and the end ( these were older men - been in the truth for over 40 years ) they both said it had never happened "no such announcements were made anywhere" one truthful elder however told me he had actually heard it said from the platform.

incredible how they can ruin yourlife and keep on lying to keep you in ruination.

All the best
    Ade

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder
    become accepted ( except you can never be as good as those "born into the truth",

You hit that dead on! I married a man that was born in. At the time we married he was not yet baptized and I (who was not born in) had been around the truth for two a little over two years. His parents were not happy about our plans to marry because I wasn't baptized, in their eyes he was marrying out of the Lord.

We have been married for seven years and of course we have both since been baptized. If I voice doubts about the "truth" to my husband or we get in a really bad argument he will bring up how he should have listened to his parents and married in the Lord.

He has many family members who were born in and did marry others who had been born in as well. Most of them have since divorced.

I feel that one of the main reasons (besides being shunned) I do not leave "the tuth" is I feel like I will be proving to him and his parents that they were right about me from the start. I hate all of this bull-sh*t!!

I.Wonder

• Ade
    Ade

Hi I.wonder,
    Firstly welcome i dont think ive spoken to you before, maybe you should try to gently ask a few questions whilst studying "the truth" with your husband, especially if the chance arises to look at the history of the society. I DO sympathize with your situation, i was virtually always shunned for get this "reading too much".

God bless you and yours
    Ade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit