Post ..... of ..... ??? What's that mean?

by Little Bo Peep 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Maybe someone can answer probably a stupid question. What does it mean when it says,

Post 222 of 555, or thereabouts? Why aren't the post numbers the same? What is the first number of posts and the second? I hope I've explained my question? Thanks for any help.

Peep

• blondie
    blondie

Well, if you are on your most recent post it would say 55 of 55.

If you are on the previous post it would say 54 of 55.

If you were on your first post ever it would say 1 of 55.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hi Momma,

Not exactly sure what you mean??

Love you,

L.L.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Blondie, you make it sound so simple, but I must be dense! Lady Liberty, in your coment on my topic re: Heb 10:24,25, your post history says...Post 1088 of 1092. Why the difference? I'm still "clueless"!

Peep

• Simon
    Simon

The idea is that it gives you a quick idea of someones participation (how many posts they have made) and the stage they were at when they made it.

ie. is it the first of many, first of a few, latest of a long line, last of 3 and so on.

Sometimes, people's opinions and attitudes change so it's useful to be able to frame posts relative to each other.

ie. somone's 500th post (who went on to post 10,000) compared to their 5,000th post.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Bo Peep this your 145th post ...your next post will be 146....so this post is 145th of 146 your next post

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Oh.. OK.. it is because at the time when I posted it it would have read, 1088 of 1088. But because that was not the last post I have made, it changed. Each time I post that last number will change. So after I post this, it should read 1088 of 1097. And if I post another post after this one, it will then read 1088 of 1098 and so on. Does that help??

Its ok.. I just found out what BTT means after all this time!

Love you,

L.L.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

DING! DING! DING! Thank you all, and it makes sense now!

Peep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit