Curiosity dictates a question like this...

by Juniper 22 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't believe in such religions but I can see why some will go to it it is soft and maternal and counterbalances the mercilessly demanding masculine JW religion.

• Forscher
    Forscher

My phase in that sort of stuff was pre-Dub.

I have a brother who has been down a few of those roads and he is more into traditional Kabballah, not the ersazt imitation Madonna and other celeberties are into. He is actually quite contemptous of Wiccans since he is of the opinion that many of them are messing around with forces of which they have no understanding. Over the years he has had to help a number of them out of some bad situations they'd gotten themselves into and had no idea how to get out of. So he considers them a danger to themselves. I used to be a bit contemptous of them myself for much the same reasons Anton LaVey was, though I never went down his road myself. His group was a little too much the glory hounds for me.

Forscher

• Brigid
    Brigid

That's exactly my point--whether intentionally or not, it is impossible to "harm none" in every day deeds or thoughts (which you well know have thier own immense power). Even good intentions pave the road to you know where.

So, even the rede of do what thou wilt so long as ye harm none while well intentioned and I think not a bad thing per se, is just impossible. We all do our own little black magick everyday.

And yes, most of the time, just being there for someone who's struggling but not digging them out of a whole of thier own making is the best course of action. It's letting them realize that those chains around their necks that bind them to the "Devil" can easily be slipped off and freedom is just around the corner. If you slip them off for them, they will often just find another Devil or Hell to chain themselves to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit