Cardinals vs. Tigers in World Series

by Jourles 38 Replies latest social physical

• Jourles
    Jourles

So who do you think will win the WS?

Jourles, of the rabid Cardinal Nation since '85 class

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Assuming St. Louis doesn't lose the next two, then I would have to pick Detroit in 6. If the Mets come back, then it's Detroit in 5.

Detroit has the hottest pitchers right now, and pitching is 90% of baseball, which is half mental.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Detroit all the way. since aug I have been saying it would be tigs and mets tigs in 6. If its the cards I think 5 or even a sweep. Here is the question tho...if the tig's do go on to sweep whoever in the WS do we go back to the NY series and call that one a 5 game sweep ala 2004 piston's?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Tigers in 4.

They remind me of the '05 White Sox -- all year the best team in baseball, a big September slump, and then WHAM! a huge bounce-back in the playoffs.

The Tigers were the best team in baseball this season, even though they finished 2nd in their division on the very last day.

Saint Louis finished just 5 games over .500 during the regular season. They haven't shown dominance in their series, beating a young San Diego team and a Mets team that, having lost 2 of their best starting pitchers, basically have a 1-man rotation now (40-year old Tom Glavine).

So...Tigers in 4.

• heathen
    heathen

I'd have to with detroit on that but if the mets come back and beat the cards then I'm a mets man .

• earthtone
    earthtone

Detroit in 5!

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Being as a live 3 miles from Detroit...

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

The Tigers won't be Monkee'in around against the Cardinals.

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

Would like to see Cardinals - Tigers series. Got to agree though, probably Tigers in 6. Irreverent (of the Bob Gibson era Cardinals fan class).

• Butters
    Butters

Why is this post titled "Cardinals vs. Tigers"?? Aren't the METS playing tonight?? IN NEW YORK???? I think the METs make it actually and win the whole thing now that whoever posted this jinxed everone else...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit