Mars bar post reminds me of another!

by 5thGeneration 12 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I was yelled at once by a sister for buying the Canadian beer 'Sleemans' because apparantly it's founder John Sleeman was an apostate.

Trust me, you can't make this #$@& up! LOL

• becca1
    becca1

I know people who won't shop at Albertson's because they say the owner was disfellowshipped.

I know a family that would not eat at the local Cracker Barrel because there was a rumor that all their servers were lesbians.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

What's wrong with lesbians? LOL

• Butters
    Butters

I used to have that problem. Now I just think of Baseball.

• Sam87
    Sam87

that is so far gone its not even funny, i remember being told at my mates party about 10 months ago that we had to turn off the strobe light (by an elder of course) he said it was 'unchristian', im still confused as to how anyone could come to that conclusion! ARGH!

Sam1987.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I thought Albertsons (and Marriot-watch out at convention time!) were owned by Mormons (LDS). Never heard the JW theory.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

It's hard to believe there is so much superstition among the witnesses (FEAR!). I used to fear buying something at a 2nd hand store or a yard sale, that it would be demonized, and I'd bring them home!

Little Bo Peep

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

We manufacture a product...I wonder if the witnesses that know us will stop buying for fear we'll contaminate them?

Little Bo Peep

• mama1119
    mama1119

One time I sold this JW a bunch of cosmetics from the Dept. store I worked in, and she kept them for a while and then found out I was DF when she bought them, and returned them all (used I might add).

• CatOnARoof
    CatOnARoof

<<<I know people who won't shop at Albertson's because they say the owner was disfellowshipped.>>>

But JW shop in stores that are owned by people who dont share their beliefs, right?? Hmm makes no sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit