Special Ass'y day - Natick Mass

by proandcon 9 Replies latest jw friends

• proandcon
    proandcon

Just back...fortunately only one day...9 baptized of 1700 in attendance..of those at least 6 were children of JW's...highlight...

DO says the new tract work re false religion is extremely important as the Gov body says the "end is near...very near"

most just yawned...Sunday routine is broken by this drivel...no meeting...there is a GOD !!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I was born 1957 into Bridgewater Massachusetts Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses,my special pioneer dad singlehandedly built the original K-hall in late 1950's with my mom pregnant with me as his carpenter's apprentice.

Been to natick assembly hall hundreds of times,just another tax free property for the watchtower corporate racket~Danny Haszard

• zev
    zev

i was in and out of that place since the day it was built until 5 years ago.

at least i dont ever have to go back there. for any reason. anymore.

i hated that place.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I was around when that was being built! We used to have 2-day assemblies in some weird places.....in Worcester State college, the Commerce High School auditorium in Springfield, etc. It WAS nice to have a place to have these after never knowing where we'd end up every assembly!

Then again....coming in from Springfield to stay in the Natick area...we never knew what kind of motel we would end up in either....I've had some pretty awful experiences with my kids when staying in some real seedy places the WTS selected!

Anyway...I heard they had remodeled the place after we moved here in 1974.....my BIL brought a "special invitation" for me to see. I wondered why the WTS would have to remodel a practically brand-new Assembly Hall!

LOOK at those right here on JWD that I probably rubbed elbows with in Natick....and never even knew it---or them! LOL!

hugs,

Annie

• juni
    juni

Annie said:

was around when that was being built! We used to have 2-day assemblies in some weird places.....in Worcester State college, the Commerce High School auditorium in Springfield, etc. It WAS nice to have a place to have these after never knowing where we'd end up every assembly!

Good morning Annie. I also remember having circuit assemblies in high schools and fraternal lodges. No place to change diapers except on the floor. Rickety old wood chairs that collapsed w/the kids sitting in them. Horrific!

So when we finally had the assembly hall built in Janesville, WI it was a dream! They had actual changing counters for babies. And comfortable seating.

I'm hearing a lot of teen and younger baptisms at these assemblies. And not very many at that.

Heard that the last special day assembly was extremely boring. More than usual boring.

Juni

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

How often can you keep recycling the same information over and over, its going to get boring.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Can't you feel the urgency?

W.Once

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I'm hearing a lot of teen and younger baptisms at these assemblies. And not very many at that.

Juni,

I wish I knew somebody that still went to these things and would still talk to me! I'd love to hear how "many" were baptized, and hear how the WTS tries to keep the JWs interest up while sitting there! All I get is the shunning, snubbing and running in the opposite direction when they see me in public.

Heard that the last special day assembly was extremely boring. More than usual boring.

How do they measure or calculate "boring" with "extremely boring"??? (How many YPH---yawns per hour???)

How often can you keep recycling the same information over and over, its going to get boring.

kerj2leev,

I'll bet THAT is the main question those that write the assemblies are thinking the whole time they are thinking up the talks!

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I used to cringe when I would see really young, i.e. pre-puberty kids get baptized. Some of my own family members got baptized really young due to pressure from their parents. Then puberty kicks in and most of those kids got in trouble. I always caught such grief from all the other dubbers because my kids weren't baptized and I use to tell them that if Jesus (who was perfect) didn't get baptized until he was 30, what makes me think that my kids should. I got some really crazy looks. I followed that up with if baptism is a more important vow than marriage, I would think someone should enter into it with some maturity, when they are old enough to get married, then they can get baptized.

• proandcon
    proandcon

Te special ass't day in Natick was particularly boring...theme;..".Use the bible"...my wife a dyed in the wool JW noted that itwas so boring shed didn't get much from it...now that's progress...

only 9 baptized...I spent time in the back hallways during the talks...many just walking aroung , bsing or text messagiong on the phones...this religion is definitely showing signs of weakening as it is difficult to find anyone who is very zealous (not to mention loving or caring)...

glad to see all the NH, Me, MA people on the board...proandcon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit