competition for JW's

by defective light 6 Replies latest jw friends

• defective light
    defective light

I saw this in the news today, and I wondered if this is the begining of a new cult....what are your thoughts?

Street-preacher 'invasion' planned

By JEFF CARLTON
    The Associated Press

A Texas-based ministry group plans to flood entertainment districts in Dallas and Fort Worth today with 500 street preachers trying to spread their faith, an event the group's president calls a "city invasion."

Darrel Rundus, founder and president of The Great News Network, said he hopes this serves as a test run for events across the country.

"Its a roll-up-your-sleeves, get-in-the-trenches, big-time battle in the street for souls," Rundus said. "We have an army of evangelists out there invading the city for Christ."

• sf
    sf

http://www.travelingsalescrews.info/slaves%20to%20the%20sale.html

Slaves to the sale
    Life on the road/Traveling sales agents found it led nowhere/Ambitious teen quickly fell into a deep rut
    NANCY STANCILL
    Copyright Houston Chronicle Publishing Company Division, The Hearst Corporation (the "Houston Chronicle") Aug 19, 1992

Here are the stories of five former traveling sales agents whose experiences include work with crews under contract to the "Texas trio" of clearinghouses that are among the industry leaders. The clearinghouses maintain that they are not responsible for and usually not aware of conditions on work crews, because they are contractors and not employees.

Darrell Rundus at 17 was rebellious, rambunctious and wanted to experience new things.''

So when the Ticoa Corp. of San Antonio advertised for recruits in his hometown of Redding, Calif., Rundus eagerly joined the traveling magazine sales crew.

He hit the road the same day he was interviewed, leaving his worried parents to wonder and wait.

"They take you away from your home and your identity. It's like the military, but instead of making you a soldier, they make you a salesman.''

Rundus missed his family and a year later, looked forward to the crew's stop in Redding. They got to town, his crew manager wanted to take a nap, so Rundus called and invited his mother to come and have lunch with him. But just as she arrived, the crew manager woke up and ordered the sales agents back in the cars.

Rundus' mother pleaded with the crew manager to let her visit briefly with her son.

She was crying and begging them to take five minutes and let her talk with me. But he wasn't going to give in. He said, "Look, bitch, move out of the way or I'll run you over."'

Rundus said he was shaken by the incident, but did not want to lose his job so he departed with the crew. He stayed another year before he got out of the business in 1989. After working for several years in Houston, he recently moved to California to take a job in newspaper subscription sales.

Rundus said his days on the road began with an 8 a.m. sales meeting, followed by breakfast if he had enough money, and five drops'' by car handlers in neighborhoods where he sold magazines door-to-door until 8 or 9 p.m. Then he would be taken back to the motel, where agents would line up to turn in their sales orders to the manager.

By the time you got out, it would be 10 or 11 and if you had sold less than seven subscriptions, you would have to sit through a sales meeting,'' he said.

Agents who weren't selling well also were subjected to punishments, like having to walk back to the motel or having to sit in the pit'' of the van and listen to crew songs ridiculing their performance.

Also, he said, agents who sold poorly would not get enough daily expense money to buy meals and sometimes had to beg food from sales prospects.

Rundus said he was good at sales, but could not get his full commissions from the company. He said he left with the company owing him $4,000 and later rejoined briefly to get some of the money he was owed up front. Then he quit for good.

Rundus said he also won a trip to Europe but never received it.

"The worst is telling them you want to quit. They'd always talk you into staying. At some point in time, I realized I would never get my money so I got a girl in Amarillo to help me do a disappearing act.''

________

http://www.livingwaters.com/newsletter/january2004.htm

Scrolling down it reads:

Kirk, Darrel and Ray in New York

Meet the GNN Team Leader:

GNN’s team leader is our friend Darrel Rundus (pictured left with Kirk and Ray in New York). Darrel is the Founder & Chairman of America’s largest newspaper sales & promotions firm -- Circulation Promotions Unlimited, Inc. - www.CirculationPromotions.com.

He loves God with a passion, has a contagious enthusiasm, and has such a leadership gifting we call him “The General.” He loves our teaching, and loves to give away money ($10's & $20's) when he is preaching open air.

_________

Just another book publishing corporation, disguised as religion and love.

Shameful.

sKally

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Just another book publishing corporation, disguised as religion and love

Someone should tell them that's already been tried once. Maybe they model themselves on the jws.

• sf
    sf

GBC Events: September 2004 Archives

National evangelism trainer Darrel Rundus will be conducting a special two-hour seminar on Biblical Evangelism for Dallas-area churches, Saturday, ...
    gracebiblechurch.org/events/archives/2004/09/ - 36k - Cached - Similar pages

Evangelist trainer. Oh brother, like this world needs more nuts.

sKally

• sf
    sf

[PDF] Hope International Missions – New York City - Update from Tom ...

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    Darrel. Rundus, a Texas millionaire who started the Great News Network is the owner of a large business that works. with national retailers across the US, ...
    godsizemiracle.com/062706update.pdf - Supplemental Result - Similar pages

Correction:

A millionaire, training people how to become Evangelists Greatest Salespeople On Earth by selling litter-ature, for PROPHET/PROFIT. Sounds familiar. Surely they did some sort of consulting with WTBTS writing and sales team! LOLOLOLOL!!!

sKally

• sf
    sf

The NEWSBLAST from WayOfTheMaster.com and LivingWaters.com

How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness By Ray Comfort ... A Note From DarrellRundus, Founder GNN "'The Way of the Master' has produced some powerful stuff ...
    www.livingwaters.com/newsltr/2006-03.htm - 69k - Cached - Similar pages

LOL!!! Should be entitled: "How To Out-WITness Your Sales Opponent". Are you kidding me?

Godcasting

by Darrel Rundus: All too often I see people who come to Boot Camp or who ... like the Mormons or the Jehovah's Witnesses, will they get to go to heaven? ...
    theheavenlyhost.blogspot.com/ - 83k - Cached - Similar pages

Why Go to China?

Darrel Rundus was the man who brought a lawsuit against the Secret Service ... their staff (See a “Great Cloud of Jehovah’s Witnesses”) I started to panic, ...
    evtales.com/ - 64k - Cached - Similar pages

See, I was not far-fetched in thinking they consulted the WTBTS in some capacity..."a Model of Fundamentalism":

Search Forbes.com Book Club

Jehovah Lives in Brooklyn: Jehovah's Witnesses as a Model of Fundamentalism ... Joseph Mitchell: A Reader's and Writer's Guide , Rundus, Raymond J. ...
    www.forbesbookclub.com/titlebrowse.asp?letter=J - 921k - Cached - Similar pages
  • 4JWY
    4JWY
    .....sometimes had to beg food from sales prospects

Thanks for the warning and the whole story.

I've had them come through my neighborhood - It's true......the last time when I did not go for the sales pitch, the young man at my door, asked me for an apple and a sandwich!

I thought, wtf! You think I'm going to leave you at my door/or, invite you in while I make you lunch??

Brought back memories though of when we worked out in rural territory and if it appeared people were poor, we'd ask them for a bar of soap or a cumcumber in exchange for the literature .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit