Where are the People of God to be found today?

by stevieb1 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

What does God see in our hearts? I know what He saw in mine before Christ saved me- Lust, Greed, Idolatry, Selfishness, Anger, et al.

Penn

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl
    What does God see in our hearts? I know what He saw in mine before Christ saved me- Lust, Greed, Idolatry, Selfishness, Anger, et al.

Wow Penn,

If that is the case, then I am very glad for you that you have found salvation. Even though we have a pretty major disagreement in philosophies, it is obvious to me that you are a kind and concerned person now..

I believe that our paths are different and that this is the way God intended it to be. … I also believe it when you tell me that you have found your true path… all I ask for is room to walk mine.

I edited an unfortunate grammar choice ....

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• gumby
    gumby

BobsGirl: I didn't get to read all your posts.
    I wanted to know what this path is that you have found?
    I believe God did make us diversified however he made his
    son the only means for salvation for those that have
    the opportunity to believe in him. I am sorry if
    you took one of my posts as sarcastic.

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Bobsgirl. I offered an invitation to Buddha to discuss spiritual matters over the email. Perhaps you would be interested. I think *true* Christianity is very much the spirituality you are looking for and you also do not have to turn your brain off. It is logical and relative to what you see in your day to day life. Anyway, just a thought!

Penn

Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by Me."

• Vienna
    Vienna

From Bob's Girl:

For me, I remember that God is much like my Dad. As a kid, he took me on trips, gave me gifts, played with me, etc., but when it came to discipline, he was serious and there was no varations of what was right and wrong--what's right and wrong IS right and wrong. God does want us to enjoy life by giving us diversity in creation, he wants us to have fun, but He is serious when it comes to how we live it and what is needed for salvation.

He makes it clear that Jesus is that path for salvation. Rom. 12: 5 says "...even though we are MANY individuals, Christ makes us ONE body and individuals who are connected to each other." God made us differant, but those differences fall under the umbrella of the one path of Christ. My husband speaks often of the 'essestials of Christianty', and it is agreed that there are essestials based on the Bible that a religion must believe in (and JWs don't have those) to be considered not a cult or false religion. Check out the mission statements of certain Christian churches--you'll notice a common thread about who and what they believe about Jesus. Things that are up for disagreement and debate--what happens in the end times, etc., that are not salvation issues are certainly up for various reasonings and that goes on in many churches. But NOT salvation issues. Anyone please e-mail me and we can discuss those salvation issues.

The bible repeats over and over oneness in Christ. Eph. 4:4 says "There is ONE body and ONE spirit. In the same way you were called to share ONE hope." Since Eph. 5:30 says "We are parts of His body." That means each person is differant, but that oneness in Christ must exist.

• proplog2
    proplog2

If you believe in the Bible you have to find some way of explaining those scriptures that describe "the holy ones".

• MDS
    MDS

Hi Steve:

Check out this thread, as an "answer" to your question.

> http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=11937&site=3#143424

Thank you.

MDS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit