I had lunch with some workmates and we all clinked glasses...

by StillGroggy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

...Am I going to hell now???

• Shooting Star
    Shooting Star

yup... lol... I think about that every time it happens. I think Jehovah is SO unconcerned with a little glass clinking! He has a lot more to deal with than us. We have lived in a crazy world...

SS

• carla
    carla

Well that's a new one on me! jw's can't clink glasses? not even just to say cheers?

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

That's probably the answer to "Why does God permit wickedness?"

He's too worried about clinking glasses and people saying "bless you" to be concerned with trivial things like starvation and war.

• mama1119
    mama1119

ESPECIALLY not to say cheers. Shame on you buddy, just shame on you....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    ...Am I going to hell now???

Yes, you're in deep shit now. Lying, stealing, and protecting pedophiles are acceptable to JWs, but you've really crossed the line by clinking glasses - with non JWs at that!!! No amount of field service time will compensate for this heinous transgression. W

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Nope, not supposed to, and they arrogantly say it at weddings too...

"This being a CHRISTIAN gathering, there will be no clinking of glasses"

stupid as it sounds, i looked around and checked to see if anyone was looking, and then clinked glasses, sealing my place in hades.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Aye mate, you better give that booze to me because if you clink those mugs together, you could find yourself in the depths of Hades!

Watchtower-1968-January-1-pp.31-32 http://www.wirefiles.com/show.php/8340_WT6810001.jpg http://www.wirefiles.com/show.php/8341_WT6820001.jpg Cheers! Atlantis-

• xjwms
    xjwms

I hope not I do the same

Cheers

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

...Am I going to hell now??? That depends on whether you become a baptist or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit