Confessions to Elders

by megsmomma 5 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I was reading the masterbation thread and it reminded me of my experience....It is SOOO embarrasing! When I was 13, my JW friend and I dicussed this topic. We both admitted that we had the "M" problem...and we tried to help eachother with it by checking up on eachother...."Hi....how are you doing with your "M" problem?.......Not so good....did it last night....Me too....." So we decided we needed to talk to the elders about it and on a thurday night we both asked to meet with them. We wet into the back room and confessed to 2 elders who were very embarrased and just told us to pray about it...which we had done and it didn't work! It is so funny(sad) how much guilt the Borg puts on kids for being NORMAL!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The wts made the rule against it, and the elders had to try and enforce it, but I would think they knew they were fighting a losing battle there, really. It's a natural thing to do, which they would have done as kids. It's the gb that laid the guilt trip on people with their rules, the elders dare'nt stand up to them, no matter how stupid those rules are.

• bubble
    bubble

When I was 18 my best friend who was raised a jw but was never baptised, confided in me that she had become pregnant and subsequently had an abortion.

The elders knew I knew something, so 3 of them came round to my house and gave me the third degree. I told them everything because I wanted to be a good jw and thought I would be as guilty as her if I didn't reveal what I knew.

I felt like shit. They disassociated her and she went through hell with her family because they had no idea about the pregnancy. I lost someone who I'd been friends with for 7 years. I still feel so bad for what I did to her, betraying her confidence.

This is one of the many reasons I hate the org.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I may go to hell for this opinion;

But those two elders prob went home and did the 'M' that evening thinking about the confession they had just heard from two teenage girls [or I assume both girls from the post.]

Jeff

• solo
    solo

well I discovered the big M myself without being told what it was, I thought I had discovered something wonderful! I must have been an early starter

I remember we were having this WT study about single JW mothers and how they may get lonely in the evenings after they put their children to bed. I thought to myself that maybe I should share my discovery and tell my parents that these single mothers could amuse themselves during those lonely evenings but partaking in this thing I had discovered. Anyway I came to my senses and decided to keep it to myself.

I was glad I did because the following week we studied the big M chapter in Your Youth and Getting the Best out of it! Although I think I already had!!!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

You know Jeff....that is a very sick and realistic thought.......EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit