Did you ever say "Swear to Jehovah!"

by Kudra 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

...instead of "swear to god!"

All us kids in the hall did. It REALLY meant we were telling the TRUTH.

But if my mom heard it she'd get mad.

Also, "You swear to Jehovah?" ..like for confirmation of a really out-there story.

• daystar
    daystar

LOL! Yeah... I never did, I don't think, but my little sister did all the time.

My mom would sometimes pull that out if she thought we were lying about something, which she always thought.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Oh this brings back some memories, we said "swear on Jehovah" though.

• bubble
    bubble

I never did but my kids used to say it all the time. How funny!

They don't do it any more thouth.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

We always said that when we needed the absolute truth. That was like the end all be all to a discrepancy.

Someone would say "Swear to Jehovah?" and we'd all gasp!

• Woofer
    Woofer

Yes! We said that allll the time when we were kids!

• Scully
    Scully

No, but there were times I was so upset with God that I swore at Him. I figured, He's a big boy, He can handle it.

Now that I've come to the conclusion that god does not exist, I'm much happier and less frustrated with life because I never bother "leaving anything in God's hands" anymore.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I've sworn at him, but never to him.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Maybe a few times I would hear Witnesses say that, but I would say "I swear to God" when I was trying to convince my mom I was telling the truth. She would always say (jokingly) "What have I told you about swearing!?"

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

No. I would say 'do not swear at all, but let your "yes" mean "yes" and your "no" mean "no".'

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit