I need some quick info

by JimWood 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JimWood
    JimWood

I need some quick info, I really don’t have the time to do it all by my lonesome self.

I need examples, in the bible and in the WT publication, where ‘lesser’ ones are glorified for ratting out their leader or such.

I hope I’m making this clear enough, when posed with the UN thing our family is hell bent on ‘who are you to question.’

So I think I will only get one more e-mail to give some (hope a lot) of examples to where we are all required by God to keep each other on the straight and narrow, regardless of position.

Thanks all,

Jim

• minimus
    minimus

How about just the opposite? Achan and his family was stoned to death because they didn't rat on each other!

• JimWood
    JimWood

good point, I need to think of those too.

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Nathan called David to account for his sin. And David was king, Jehovah's "annointed one".

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

True, Lenny, but Jehovah told him to...Jim, how do you feel about having received messages from Jehovah?

Elihu

Phinehas had no authority at the time he ran Zimri and slut through with a spear. And Zimri was a chieftan over 50 (if I remember right). No one told him to.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

wasnt Moses told to listen to his wife?

steve

• blondie
    blondie

Jesus questioned the authoritiy of the religious leaders when the Jewish system was still officially representing God.

Abigail disobeyed her husband Nabal and offered hospitality to David and his men.

Paul corrected Peter when Peter started avoiding the Gentile Christians although Peter was one of the original 12 apostles and had been given the keys of the Kingdom by Christ.

Blondie

• becca1
    becca1

Jehovah told Abraham to listen to his wife.

• becca1
    becca1

Abigail went against her husband and came to the aid of David.

• JimWood
    JimWood

A.S.

I usually don't hear voices. When I do its after 6 hours of Physics homework.

This is awsome, thank you all. We just got the kids in bed now I get to do the above, which leads to the voices and no sleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit