• zagor
    zagor

Poor cat, hope she doesn't suffer too much

• calico
    calico

Not too appropriate for this thread

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

OH, Hon... I'm glad you and Spunky have had unexpected time together... they definitely let us know when they're not having fun anymore. Hugs to you.

And strength and healing to Mom...

Peace to you, Darlin' Spunky.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

NS.....how are you doing honey? How is your momma doing? We are worried about you.

hugs, Loves

• nsrn
    nsrn

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and prayers. I got through it. I am confident it was the right thing to do for Spunky, and the timing was right--after she died, we looked in her mouth and wondered how she could eat at all with that tumor in her throat. Poor baby. She went down fighting tooth and nail, too. Literally. And I had sedated her first. My heart hurt.

I have a "replacement kitty" that came into our home about a year ago, and he immediately moved into Spunky's spot on my bed.

I felt even worse about the cat with my mom and dad failing, too. Somehow the grief all gets tangled together.

My brother flew home from out of state to help with my folks, and I was able to get through the business with the cat without being responsible for Mom's care, too. I needed a little opportunity for a meltdown. I'm a emergency room nurse, and a pretty good one, if I say so myself. I can handle a lot of awful stuff, but I was on absolute overload. Bless my brother's heart!

• nsrn
    nsrn

Zagor, you've never put a beloved pet down, have you? I'll put that post down as an insensitive attempt at lightening up the mood. Didn't work.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Tough decision and nobody can really say with a happy heart they are "doing what's best."

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Glad to hear you are at least on the other side of the hill now...starting to heal that part of your heart. You have a tough job too seeing all that suffering.

Hugs to you and your family who are going through so much right now.

Loves

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit