Take sides now

by chappy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• chappy
    chappy

I spent a couple of hours today with JW relatives and of coarse the usual subjects came up. Based on our conversation and after leaving, a couple of the old questions came to mind. I'm curious about the rest of the boards thoughts.

Now this may be conjecture but what if: God made it known,in no uncertain terms, that H/She exists and is finally going to put an end to all the evil in the world. H/She detemines who/what is evil and no specific remedies are given; only you MUST make a decision as to which side you take. The US and all world governments vow to keep their soveriegnty and fight to the end. Your CONCIENCE,not the Bible, any religious organization or manis to be your only guide.
    Honestly, what would you do?

Another question. Can any of you even remotely see, based on current events, world governments banning all religion in any form? I admit that it sounds far fetched, but not as far fetched as it seemed a few years ago.

I'm sure most if not all of us have at some time seriously considered these things, even if we won't admit it.
    For my athiest friends, try to respond as if this were a real situation. Yea,I know it's tough not to jest, but give it a try

later,
    chappy

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Question1: I tell god to go fuck him/her self

Question2: I pray <-- (ironic) that it happens.

Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves.

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

I would side with Jesus. No matter hwat has ahppen to me in my life, he has always been there for me.

<A HREF= http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/christianexjehovahswitnesses </A>

• Seeker
    Seeker

Not sure about your first question; guess it would depend on what God had in mind to do.

Can any of you even remotely see, based on current events, world governments banning all religion in any form? I admit that it sounds far fetched, but not as far fetched as it seemed a few years ago.

Not as long as everyone is running around saying, "God bless America!" Or as long as there are a billion-and-a-half Chinese. Or a billion Indians. Or a billion Muslims who would gladly fight to their death first.

Nope, can't see that happening.

• Satanus
    Satanus

chappy

You are really asking me to stretch my imagination. 'God' actually publicly demonstrating its existence to everyone at the same time? I'll wait till it happens and i suggest you do the same, because you are going to waste your whole life waiting.

Youre still asuming that the bible is gods word some how, thats why you are assuming that the existence of evil and governmental soveriegnty is evil.

Here is a question for you, as you are probably a christian. Have you met your god? This could come in the form of a daytime vision, a strikingly unforgettable dream or somesuch. Until you have acheived a godmeeting for yourself, why bother others with these hypothetical questions.

Hoping for your illumination

S

• Teirce
    Teirce

A world ban on religion didn't seem far-fetched when the Society first mentioned it. That was just a logical (one logical thing they do) projection of the rational conquering the irrational. Our cave ancestors did it, Joseph Campbell cites it, it's a reasonable "prophesy"or hope for a group which depends on such to fulfill their martyr complex. The reason the Society can chain up so many minds is not because they have any divine inside scoop on the future, but because there's a number of sociologic geniuses there who have researched Orson Wells and know a Stalin when they see it. Eh, Comrade? Eh? Being that they have political-religious genius sufficient to control millions, they have a grasp on the dichotomies between religion and politics, and can make predicitons.

#1 prediction. Religion is so blindly full of itself that government cannot always run effectively. Bad religeon ruins it for good religion, and the JWs are counting on that. Recent events are justifying their desire.
    #2. The Witnesses themselves are so uniquely annoying that it is elementary, dear Watson, that they will be singled out for informal persecution, but they cannot yet be persecuted formally in free society.
    #3. They are within the law because their crime has to do with violating people's right to privacy and insulting their intelligence. These are crimes which are tolerated or not articulated in free society, and are much less visible than those "felonous" or misdemeanor crimes committed in most other denominations, although it appears the JWs are beginning to catch up..
    #4. Since they could not be held accountable foremost, they will be held accountable last-most. Logically, only after most of the visibly criminal religion has been sanctioned.

As for whether or not Jehovah God Hisowndamnself showed up and endorsed Jehovah's Witnesses, I would categorically side with the nations, just like they'd want, because an organization that declares to inhabit a spiritual paradise, while still totalitarianizing spiritual thought, cannot be anything other even in a physical paradise. Thus, why the hell did Jehovah God Hisowndamnself make brains or his creatures, when all he needed was bees?

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO
    Can any of you even remotely see, based on current events, world governments banning all religion in any form?

Of course not

• siegswife
    siegswife

(((Now this may be conjecture but what if: God made it known,in no uncertain terms, that H/She exists and is finally going to put an end to all the evil in the world. H/She detemines who/what is evil and no specific remedies are given; only you MUST make a decision as to which side you take. The US and all world governments vow to keep their soveriegnty and fight to the end. Your CONCIENCE,not the Bible, any religious organization or manis to be your only guide.
    Honestly, what would you do?)))

God would win, hands down. I have too many problems with the way the government handles itself.

(((Another question. Can any of you even remotely see, based on current events, world governments banning all religion in any form? I admit that it sounds far fetched, but not as far fetched as it seemed a few years ago.)))

I was just talking to my husband about this the other day. There was a time, when considering the text in Revelation regarding the beast compelling the great and small to get its mark in order to buy and sell anything, that I thought that would be hard to do in this country. After the recent events, I can see how something like compelling people to get an identifying mark could even happen in this country. I think that banning anything but nationalism could go along with that notion, or happen before the mark takes effect.

• chappy
    chappy

SaintSatan said: "why bother others with these hypothetical questions." This bothers you?

Note that I said your decision was to be based on your concience, not the bible and not ANY religion.

As for my belief in God it isn't based on any religious dogma.

• Satanus
    Satanus

chappy

I guess bother is not the right word as the questions don't bother me or disturb many on thos board.

The evidence can be construed to show either that a god exists or doesn't, depending on the nature of the observer. True, you don't need a religious dogma. Where the dogma comes in by necessity is when people try to explain god. What it is like. What are its goals.

Your second and third paragraphs are based on the wt dogma and that of some christians. Leaving dogma out renders all of those questions totally irrelavant. For instance, the question of taking sides suggests that you are assuming that god may treat people as groups, or that belonging to a group may effect gods attitude to him/her.

That your belief in god is not based on dogma, makes it all the more important that you meet your god.

May you have favorable winds.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit