Letter from governing body concerning 1975

by headmath 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• headmath
    headmath

Here is a letter dated May 12,1975 from the governing body

The following quote is from that letter

While the beginning of the seventh "day" is admittedly tentative, the end of the six thousand years of man's history in the fall of 1975 is not tentative, but is accepted as a certain date. So in good faith and with right motive to enhance Bible education, the date of 1975 has been presented with confidence, as one of considerable significance. While some outsiders have come to be quick in denouncing the Society, yet we calmly wait fot the completion of this Biblical year of 1975 as we continue to strengthen ourselves spiritually. From Jehovah's viewpoint and his eternal purpose for the earth, the completion of six thousand years of man's residence on this earth is bound to be important.

End quote

Here is the link where the letter originates from

http://www.jwfiles.com/x-files/78letter.htm

The above letter states the end of man's 6 thousand years ended in 1975. The society presented 1975 with "confidence " just as rutherford presented 1925 with "confidence"

No wonder the JW left after 1975!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Just came in time for someone who was knocking on my friends door saying they never said it

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

ROTFL!!!! A CAREER IN PIONEERING!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

When I joined in 1981, long - time jws insisted that the wts never even indicated that 1975 would bring armageddon, but letters like this, as well as talks and publications from that period, prove they preached it relentlessly, and duped hundreds of thousands into becoming jws.

It's no wonder they sufferred such a slump in membership after 1975 passed, and nothing happened. One of the best things about the internet, in my view, is that this sort of information is readily available for anyone who cares to look for it, and the gb's policy of information control is no longer able to stop people finding out the truth about the wts.

• rekless
    rekless

In 1972 My son came down with Leaukimia and I had every CO, DO, cong,. servant all telling me "ONly if Danny can hold on untill 1975. He will be cured. He passed away 17 years later at the age of 18 the week he graduated from High school. Yep the society certainly pushed the date Oct. 1975.

• mouthy
    mouthy

rekless ((((HUGS)))

• restrangled
    restrangled

I am absolutely SICK from reading those letters. If ever there was evidence of a cult like mentality, those letters are it.

The tone, the questions, attitudes of the Elders and the Society.....they will answer to God in the end. For shame each and everyone of them. If I keep writing I will start swearing.

Hugs and sympathy to anyone who suffered through that mind numbing, infantile, kiss A$$ garbage.

r.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

My husband, Rockhound, was the PO in 1972, the when the initial elder arrangement of that time was started. He went to one of the first schools for elders, in Chicago. One of his instructors showed on the "board" why Armageddon could come even sooner than October of 1975. I had relatives who sold all they had, knowing they had enough to live on till October 1975, and then the new system would be here. It's amazing to look back now and not wonder why we stayed for another 25 years!!! As we were making our exit from the WT we would be so angry everytime someone commented that the WT never said 1975 would bring Armageddon. They may have not said it in those words at the meetings, but what they did print left you with no other reasoning. I applaud those who left at that time, realizing what a farce all of this was.

Little Bo Peep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit