After you left JWs how did you work out what you believe now

by awol 42 Replies latest jw friends

• dido
    dido

awol- i would probably still be in the org if i hadn`t been d/f as i believed it was all true. I was out for 4 years feeling guilty, but then having my own reasons for not wanting to go back. I then started looking on the internet, and found this site, (for a while i didn`t realise that this was more for ex`s or faders) so didn`t come on here. Then i started to learn, read some books, which really helped me to move on and realise that it was all a lie. One thing i wished i`d done was study the history of the jw`s before i studied the bible with them, but i was sucked in at a questioning time of my life, and they seemed to have all the answers. Now i don`t know what i believe, i`m even questioning if there is a god, as have heard some pretty good arguments against. It can pull the rug out from under your feet, i envy ones that d/a as they at least reasoned why it wasn`t true and left under their own terms. I take each day as it comes now, try to be a good person, try to enjoy life as much as i can, but am no wiser as to what it`s all about. I do freak out sometimes when i think about death, as i really believed the live forever syndrome, i hope there is some kind of afterlife. I do think there is some spirit life out there, good and bad, so maybe their is a god, or i prefer `creator`.

• awol
    awol

Well another week another lot of thought process!! ha ha

Sleeping... when the little sprog lets me!

Feel soooooo much better I can't believe it. Lots and lots to read and learn. I think I hadn't let go, I thought I had, but I couldn't of done.

I can HONESTLY say, hand on heart, that I can say I don't believe in the "truth" yuck (actually told my mum off for even referring to it as that today!). I don't worry that I'm blaspheming or that I am gonna die soon! (well I might but not at the big A).

I don't know what I believe, but I'm not too worried like I was when I started this thread. I am amazed that it's only taken a little time. I don't know if I believe in God.... I'm not worried about not believing in him either.... which is extraordinary for me. haha.

I have kind of come to the conclusion that however or whoever put us here doesn't want us to know how we came about. If they did then surely they'd of given comprehensive instructions!!! ha ha. They must of wanted us to act like this because the bible is such a complicated book..... interpreted so many different ways by so many different people! What a good laugh they would be having watching us all run around wondering "why"!

Our planet is sooooo tiny in comparison to the universe - why are we so important! someone put us here, had a better idea, and forgot we existed! lol

Oh well, we amuse ourselves by confusing ourselves and maybe we should NOT use all our brains (as some would advise) and just accept this is it.... stop fighting, stop being greedy and just live and love. Or maybe that would be boring.........???????????????

• Frank75
    Frank75
    the "truth" yuck (actually told my mum off for even referring to it as that today!).

Way to go AWOL!

After learning that much of the belief system is faulty, skewed and based on falsehood, I decided to simply wipe the slate clean. It all went out with the trash. (Phil 3:8) You must now build your own belief system based on your own ability and intellect.

At this point you must recognize too that all religions are to some extent built in the same fashion as the JW religion, namely on error. So going over to another will simply prolong the process you are experiencing now.

If you work out these things on your own, you will be happier and more confident in what you CHOOSE to believe.

Frank75

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit