A Professional Artist Observes

by compound complex 22 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear MsmcDucket,

Thank you for your latest question. Recapping my original points, my own art, on occasion, will reveal either a readily recognizable image or the suggestion thereof. It is NEVER planned. Whereas, in our gallery we sell works of internationally-known artists who deliberately hide images in their paintings. That is the appeal to the buyer. The WTBTS has written at least two articles denying that they use any form of subliminal art. However, this is still a hotly contested issue for those who are now before the Star Chamber and about to lose as dearly as did Darek Barefoot. As an educator who respects the helpful input from an earlier poster, I am endeavoring to separate speculation and sensationalism from simple facts. Presently I am examining LEARN FROM THE GREAT TEACHER and a French web page that has the most professional layout and appeareance of sobriety that I have viewed so far. If you are interested, I can give you more info as well as a translation ( the computerized English translation is useless ). Peace be with you.

Yours truly,

Compound Complex

• jgnat
    jgnat

greendawn, I dislike unfounded rumor.

who was in all likelihood a spiritistic medium contacting angels that clearly weren't God's angels: they gave him an abundance of information that soon proved to be false. In addition they had the ERA boards at Bethel which were thinly disguised ouija boards and for which Goodrich had castigated them so much.

Where did you get this information? Can you quote the source?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear jgnat,

I hope you are well and that, by chance, you might see this and reply. Looking at what I wrote to MsMcDucket, you might be interested to know that I'm still "studying" the WT iconography article by Joel Elliott as well. Many who contact me don't seem aware of that aspect of the art issue but are very upset with what they see in the books and magazines. One has been DF'd. Too many questions? Headquarters involved. Your advising a studied and objective approach has been helpful, yet I am troubled nevertheless, given my own observations as a professional artist. There are so many pieces to the puzzle! Your comments are always welcome.

Yours truly,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit