OMG look at this site I can see how the WT works now this is so true!!!!!!!

by nelly1 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Arthur
    Arthur

Very good nelly1

Thank you for posting this link. It will be very helpful. This is a site that I had not heard of yet.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Nelly, it's amazing what you can see when you allow yourself to open your mind. The Org is against an individual doing his/her own thinking. This is also why they don't want you to read any other sort of philosophy on religion. It just might make sense.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Their definition of a cult seems right on target. However, as you look closer into the "Cultwatch" site it seems the owners are "evangelicalish", and perhaps cultlike themselves. This of course is my opinion and it may be just a product of being so burnt out by the Society that I don"t trust anyone anymore.

I agree, I was thinking with all the products they are selling that they are indeed a commercial cult.

Regardless, I did enjoy the info and think that it's spot on!

• fokyc
    fokyc

Thanks for that information Nelly1, I don't know how I haven't come across it before!

In a recent thread, I said I have been certain that JW's are a cult, for over 50 years.

This is the best explanation and expose of JW's I have ever read, remember I am nearly 74 years old!

fokyc

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

This is so true.... I wish many JWs would read it and apply it to them, its a great sorce right to the point.

• nelly1
    nelly1

I know I was gobsmacked when I read it and it was like looking through a window to how I was deceived, wonder if it looks the same to anyone who is still in the organisation, hmm oh well hope some others read it, glad it is of use :)

• V
    V

Link off the site: Super Apostle Detector

Substitute Governing Body for "Pastor" or "Leadership". Took the test conservatively and still recorded an "off the charts" reading.

I believe the evangelical references are based on the site's attack on mind control in the fundy world:

Are you hearing phrases like "Obey, Apostolic Mandate, Five Fold Ministry, Tithing, Honor the Pastor, Set Man, Theocracy, Under Authority, Covering, Robbing God, or Submit" at your church?

Cultwatch's web servers are running hot as Christians rush to download Cultwatch's in depth expose of the "Super Apostles". If you are a Christian you need to read these articles. Get informed and get warned about the Super Apostles' clandestine push to mainstream Mind Control practices in the Christian Church. Protect yourself, your friends and family. Source: http://www.cultwatch.com/superapostles.html
  • mavie
    mavie

great essay..bookmarked and printed.

• Zico
    Zico

It's almost scary how accurate that is!

Great essay. Thanks nelly.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I think I'll have this on the computer at home.

Just in case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit