The Internet: A greater threat to the WTS than we ever dreamed

by Elsewhere 43 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I don't think the downfall will happen any day soon OnTheWayOut. There are people joining cults all the time, some bloody more strange than the witnesses. There's one born every minute as we say here.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I think we can dream and get caught up in wishful thinking, but nothing's gonna change. Sure, the leaders seem worried about the internet, but there are enough people who can look at the same information we have and remain in denial. This religion is in their hearts and minds and they are fiercely protective of it. Sure, numbers will go down, but at least I'm pretty sure my family will be true to this religion to the end of their lives.

I've pretty much given up thinking maybe someday they will get out.

My guess is over time they will splinter off again as they did with the bible students way back. My family will line up with the most annoying splinter group they can find and the fun will never end.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

The Internet has only BEGUN to revolutionize society. Already we can see that people are less attracted to the concept of nation states and more to ideological affiliations. They can establish communities of agreement rather than communities of geography - look at us posting on this board because we all have a rather unique experience in common.

This will not, of course, produce a BETTER society - people will still establish communities of depravity, perhaps even MORE satanic and evil in places than ever before. IT will be more powerful and hence MORE good and MORE evil than ever before... violence unprecedented in human history, as it will spring up out of loyalty to ideology and not community; your neighbor could be learning to hate you even as we write...

CZAR

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Or internet service provided by the Society? That way you'd feel you have the freedom to surf the net but all the "bad" stuff would be blocked out. They'd have total control over what the surfer sees. They could charge $16.95 per month for six million witnesses. Hmmm.....let's see.... 6,000,000 X $16.95 = $101,700,000.00 in new revenues per month. Whew! That would fix a few cash flow problems. Don't know if they've thought of this yet, hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag. I think I might start a thread with this. Hehehe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit