CO's visit sunday 9/23/01

by peaceloveharmony 22 Replies latest jw friends

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hey all,

well, i was just invited to attend the meeting on sunday, the CO is visiting and my mother told me the talk will be a good one. i don't know if i can stomach sitting thru this! also, i'll have to sit thru the wt study as well since i have no car. what to do?? i am curious to see what the talk will be about, see if the events of last week will be incorporated. my problem is, how do i sit thru a whole sunday meeting without getting sick? or standing up and shouting at the drones to WAKE UP?

not sure the point the of this post, just wanted to share this news with you

so if i go, i'll report back to you all the message from the co. i'm sure it will be a delight to us all food at the proper time blah blah blah...

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((harmy)))))))))))))0
    hmmm I suggest a strong anti-nauseant lol. It's your call hun,but it would be nice to know what the CO's are spouting in light of recent events...luv,T

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Yea, I don't know if I could stand it, but from a selfish point of view it would be interesting to hear what the representative of god's 'mouthpeice' has to say. You may have to go to the back and puke once or twice though ...

• sf
    sf

Hey PLH,

Think of this as a covert adventure. One where you are there to strictly gather "intelligence". I know, i know...a hard thing to imagine that intelligence exists within those walls of the hall. But if it were me, I'd be on "keen-mode" Sunday. Take good notes. Try even to smuggle in a mini-recorder. Then share it in yahoo!!

This is your mission...shall you wish to accept it?

sKally, ROFLOL klass,yet dead serious

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

I just had an intersting thought. What if, every once in a while, those of us, who are not TAGGED in the particular area we live in, go to a meeting now and then and record what they're saying at the moment?
    Just a thought.....
    Bridgette

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Hey peaceloveharmony, first of all, nice pic **ahem**. Secondly, Please go! It'll be fun, you can report to us all what the latest scoop is and we can all dog on it.

Penn

• messenger
    messenger

Remember the wt is only 30 minutes with a 30 minute talk following applied to local needs. That might make it worth your while to stay for the entire meeting.

• Mulan
    Mulan

The public talk will be the same old same old, scripted, that all CO's give all over the country. The talk afterwards, will no doubt be of interest. BUT, you couldn't PAY me to go inside a KH again.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

PLH

I always read what you are up too and enjoy your posts. You also have given me some very helpful hints.

All I can say is enjoy life and what it has to offer. You have already been through this B.S. Enough is enough. Would you go back to a boyfriend who has treated you badly and knowing he is going to do the same thing to you?

There must be something more important in your life other than listening to a guy who thinks he is "superior" to "inferior" women?

You are free now, and now know you are equal to men.

Do you want me to start quoting from that disgusting August 22, 1967 Awake! magazine article (pages 27 and 28) titled "I Do Not Permit a Woman ... to Exercise Authority over a Man" - Why?"?. I think not.

Stay free PLH.

hawk

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

My thoughts will be with you whatever you decide ... but if you do go ... take notes .... I'll be looking for the report come monday.

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit