WHAT WAS RUSSELL'S GOOFIEST IDEA

by badboy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY NOMINATIONS?

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think Russell's goofiest idea was that there was some decency in Joe Rutherford.

• Terry
    Terry

His worst/goofiest idea was also his best.

He recognized Maria as a wonderfully intelligent person with extraordinarily creative ideas who would make a great life partner for him. So far so good.

But, then.....

He made an agreement with her that they would live as man and wife without any sex!!

That was bad enough, but; it gets worse.

He listened to (and adopted) Maria's idea that the passage about the "faithful and wise servant" applied to HIMSELF alone. Maria applied it to BOTH of them!

C.T. started censoring Maria and allowed his natural desires to spill over (pardon the pun) into a younger women's attention.

That was the beginning of the end!

Russell and Maria might have ended up being an unbeatable team if only C.T. had been less male chauvanist and more moderate.

Alas!

• myelaine
    myelaine

rule # 2... Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. (Genesis 2:24)

...much the same as love thy neighbour as thyself....but more comfortable...given the right circumstances...(twice divorced here)...

love michelle

• greendawn
    greendawn

He went to the incredible lengths of publishing the sayings of a demon to a spiritistic woman on the pretext that this demon was a repentent one. The WTS produced promoted and sold the book! They were into demonism.

• Andy C
    Andy C

Really? Demonism? Do you know that as fact?

• myelaine
    myelaine

***random thoughts***

little crazy=lunette=cresent=curve=rib=DNA....

can Estephan beat that?...I think not!...lol

***end of ramble***

love michelle

p.s. which in turn makes me think of Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn in Adam's Rib...didn't he (ST) leave his wife for a younger woman?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Andyc,

Tis true, go here http://www.premier1.net/~raines/women.html and you will see info on the book Angels and Women written by a woman who took dictation from a demon who was repentent about his actions during the time before the flood. That's the story of the book, the actions of Angels and women before the flood. Russell thought it would be instructive as to how ungodly things were before the flood. Genius, eh?

They edited it ans had it published, offering it through the WT.

W.Once

• daystar
    daystar

Interesting... I'll have to read all of that when I am able to. Has anyone compared this to the Book of Enoch regarding such entities?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Pyramidology was pretty out there as far as I'm concerned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit