Speaker Podiums at the KH

by limbogirl 13 Replies latest jw friends

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

For some strange reason I started thinking about the fact that I've never seen a speaker podium like the ones used at the KH anywhere aside from the KH. You know what I'm talking about...those tall spindly legs supporting a small table and then a bible holder thing attached to that. Are those made specifically for the KH? When I moved to CA from MO many years ago I realized it wasn't a regional thing...those stands were used in CA, too. I've never seen any kind of podium like them at non-dub events or conferences. What gives? Are there elves in Brooklyn who make them? LimboGirl

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve seen all kinds of podiums..My dad custom made a few for the Kingdom Halls..They were awesome,not your regular podium...OUTLAW

• chiddy
    chiddy

Your right crap arent they?

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

My family makes them. It is from a business named Fisher Enterprises begun by my grandfather. Now my cousins have inherited this very profitable business. Of course, I haven't spoke to any of them in years since I DA'd myself.

Leslie

• pseudoxristos
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

We had one in our congregation that was made by a brother. It was a monstrosity. He put the Watchtower tower logo on the front of it. I went round and round with the brothers about the rationale of the corporate logo being on the podium. We don't work for the corportation, I said. They all ganged up on me and it stayed. I hated it, really, really hated it. The Assembly Hall had the twin to it for a number of years. The part that holds your notes and Bible had a switch to make it go up and down from a car window. The base was bulky since it had to hold the motor and stuff, that's why there was room for a huge WT logo on it. When a new CO came he said, Nope get that off there. It took a good six years before someone opened thier damn eyea about it. I was thrilled. I thought of al the people I would study with that asked if we were a cult and I'd say no but bring them to see this damn WT on the platform instead of a cross.

W.Once

• badboy
    badboy

THERE DOES THE CAR WINDOW COME INTO?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    THERE DOES THE CAR WINDOW COME INTO?

The switch for making the thing go up and down; that's there(sic)!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    My family makes them. It is from a business named Fisher Enterprises begun by my grandfather. Now my cousins have inherited this very profitable business.

Just goes to show how lucrative niche marketing to weirdo sects can be. Greg Stafford probably does okay. There's a guy that writes books aimed at the Oneness Pentecostal market every couple of years. Even though they are broken up into different denominations, he still has 5 million people willing to buy his product. Not bad work if you can get it!

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

What the GB did I think years ago was to say that only spindly leg ones were allowed coz the speakers were always hiding their erections behind the big cumbersome ones ,so now when they look down blouses and up skirts in the front row they now must use self control or molest a child in the latrine instead, where there are no witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit