ALL current JWs: Please give feedback here or by PM

by AuldSoul 24 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Look a body of water, what prevents me from getting baptized

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

stillajwexelder,

I think the answer to your question is now obvious, given your new avatar.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

With the most recent WT study article they have their out. As the article brought out christ is ransomer of the anointed only and we lowly great crowd folks have to be spoon fed by them

On another note when the knowledge book was first released back in the mid 90's, the society was making this push to say that since we are so close to the end, we can study just the one book and someone would be eligible for baptism. They referenced the same scriptures you mentioned as the backing for this change. Ironically shortly after this they came out with the require brochureas a prelude to the knowledge book. Then they said if some were having troubles with the conditioning program err learning the truth, you can go into another publication. I always believed that any decent JW, once he had a 'progressive' bible study was not going to stop after one book (gotta get that time in somehow and the easier the better.)

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Maybe some of the new folks can take a stab at answering this one for me.

Can JWs Scripturally support their requirements for Christian baptism?

—AuldSoul

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

They will politely explain to you that the Biblical baptism examples were of the anointed and thus do not apply to today. At least that is what I would say.

If you were to prove that all Christians are anointed they would politely explain that yes, BAPTIZED christians are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit