Contact after 3+ years

by mjarka911 8 Replies latest jw friends

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Well, never say never I guess. After 3 years of shunning from my hard core JW family - my sister shows up unannounced at my firehouse yesterday to say hello. Although a brief visit - she said she had been driving by my firehouse for 2 years while going to her job and she finally got up the nerve to drop by and say hello. She said she believes "family is family" and she needed to reconnect with me. I don't know where this will lead, but she even said she would like to have lunch soon. It looks like the Borg is losing its grip on her at least. Will wonders never cease? Matt

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Matt! That is awesome news buddy. May things work out!!!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Please keep your guard up. They tried to pull me back in once only to have to go through the pain of separation again. Last time they tried it, I completely cut off all contact with them.

Good luck, though. Hope it works out for the best and your sister escapes that destructive cult.

Jean

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Matt,

It's worth a shot. I say have lunch. At least you can catch up on all the goings on for now. It's not easy to be a yo yo to peoples wavering resolve I'm sure. Good luck.

W.Once

• gadfly
    gadfly

Heartache possible ahead, but that just lets you know you're alive . . . nothing ventured, nothing gained.

My brother did this to me over and over again and broke my heart a multitude of times, but I always had to bite. Can't help it -- I love and miss him.

And your story gives me hope! Thank you! I hope the results are positive and freedom is ahead for sis!

gadfly

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    she said she had been driving by my firehouse for 2 years while going to her job and she finally got up the nerve to drop by and say hello.

Wow. This is so sad....and cool at the same time. Sad that she's been thinking about you at least twice a day as she drives by, because that must be a constant twinge on her heart. And cool that she finally broke through whatever she needed to break through to extend her hand to you. And sad again that a sister has to get up the nerve to speak to her brother, because (just like most of used to believe) she probably believes what she's been taught, that df'ed/da'ed people are evil.

Please keep us updated. And hopefully tell us something cool.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am hoping for the best. Humanity can win out over theocracy!! I believe it.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Good for you Matt, and for her if she is genuine, and not trying a new angle to pull you back in. Go for lunch with her, you have nothing to lose.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Right on MJ!! I am so happy for you!! It just goes to show we never know what may happen to soften the hearts of those we love!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit