Keep up the good work!!

by debbiedebbie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• debbiedebbie
    debbiedebbie

Greetings to everyone here,

I just wanted to let you know that even though I don't post often I keep up with whats going on here.

I also wanted to let you know that this forum is very useful and important to those of us who left so keep it up.

Everyone pat yourselves on the back,

Good Work

debbiedebbie

• zeroday
    zeroday

This place is a very therapeautic for those who have left, remain and considering joining. Personally for me it was a revelation that so many others experienced the same thing as I did my many years on the inside. I thought it was just me. Sometimes you need to share, vent and just cry on someone's elses shoulder.

• juni
    juni

Hi debbiedebbie! Good to have you post again!

I noticed that over 6 months ago you had asked for peoples' ideas about raising your child in some religion. Attending church.

If I may ask, how are things going with that? You can PM if you would like.

Juni

• debbiedebbie
    debbiedebbie

Hi,

YOU REMEMBER ME!!!

I didn't think you would.

The information everyone kindly provided really put my mind at ease. After thinking about it everyone I know who joined a cult was previously involved in a religion, which was mentioned by someone.

I think it is most important to teach children to respect everyone's beliefs, even if you dont agree and to be a good and kind person.

Although I will make sure she knows about cults and what they can do to a person.

As for me, I just can't bring myself to go to a church at this time.

Nothing personal against those who do go to church but it is just more control and ritual to me and I just don't want to deal with it at this time.

I do realize that many here do attend a church and if you are happy I'm happy for you. Please don't think I have a blanket hatred of all things religious. But I really don't understand why we "have to" attend a church or other religious place to be close to our God.

But anyway we are doing good. She just had a birthday day before yesterday and is already 5, can you believe how time flies?

And I'll Be 29 again day after tomorrow.

Thanks Again for being here for everyone,

Deb

• zeroday
    zeroday

As for me, I just can't bring myself to go to a church at this time.

It's not worth your time. The christian God is very hateful, vengefull. stalking around seeking to destroy. Divorce yourself from it, live your life. That's all you have. Look beyond the norm. Beyond the accepted precept. Expand your mind. D0 you really believe in an all enternal diety. One that is looking for the slighest falt to condem you. Be comfortated in the fact that we are but a small equasion in the vast cosmic scheme.....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Debbie D. I patted myself on the back so hard, I flew nearly half way across the room. Don't make yourself scarce.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It's not worth your time. The christian God is very hateful, vengefull. stalking around seeking to destroy. Divorce yourself from it, live your life. That's all you have. Look beyond the norm. Beyond the accepted precept. Expand your mind. D0 you really believe in an all enternal diety. One that is looking for the slighest falt to condem you. Be comfortated in the fact that we are but a small equasion in the vast cosmic scheme.....

Nawww, that's only the fundamentalist god. The real Christian god loves everyone and looks for the good in the them. Looks for reasons to save, not condemn.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    The real Christian god loves everyone and looks for the good in the them.

Right, and HELL was created for whom by whom................

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Right, and HELL was created for whom by whom................

By men to scare and control other men and women and children, especially teenagers.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Personally I don't think you need a church to teach your children about religion. In fact I think it's a good idea kids learn what various religions believe so they understand them and grow up more tolerant people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit