I'm wondering what this UN/Jehovah Witness scandle is

by jolly_green_giant 8 Replies latest jw friends

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

what exactly is it all about? someone please explain.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Basically the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society joined the United Nations as an NGO (non-government organization) even though they publicly denounce them. When they were eventually caught they claimed they did it for access to the library there, even though you did not need to be an NGO for library access. They also agreed to terms such as publicly upholding the values of the UN and publishing information about them in a positive light. Other people can probably explain better but here are some links to check out.

http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses_and_the_United_Nations
    http://www.globalpolicy.org/ngos/ngo-un/rest-un/2001/1030j.htm

• aoxo
    aoxo

does anyone know why they joined the UN?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    does anyone know why they joined the UN?

Any answer is correct

A) For a library card

B) Jehovah put it in the minds of the GB to go the UN for a period of testing...to sift out the bad weed.

• skyking
    skyking

This is just my assumption as to why. First they really did not believe joining the UN would bring Jehovah's judgement and that proved they know they are teaching a lie that has been given to them from the previous Elders of the Society.

I think they joined because of the law suit in France were France asked for $50,000,000.00 for back taxes they cheated the Government out of and they thought if they joined the UN as an NGO they could somehow get out of it. France dropped trying to collect from the Society, on the back of the watchtower the Society lied and said they won the case against France. At that summer assembly they announced that Jehovah once again prevailed and France lost and the Society proved they did not cheat the Government of France. None of this was true, only that France quit trying to collect the back tax. Only five day's after they quit the UN France then opened up the case again and asked for the $50,000,000 once again, Proving at least to me this was the reason they joined the UN. Also it was needed in order to be accepted into more country's making the Society look like an acceptable religion in the world. By the way the Society has paid the back taxes and not a peep out of them about getting caught and made to pay.

The love affair with the Harlot paid huge dividends for the Society.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

It was the act of 2indivuduals barr and someother fellow...he is in the BROOKLYN Heights congregation. I had heard that he asked for forigveness on stage.

• skyking
    skyking

I listened to a tape of him asking for forgiven it was posted here on JWD I do not know how to find it. Maybe someone could re-post it. Remember the Governing Body had too agree and they had three signatures that were representatives of the Society for the UN to make contact with. Also for other NGO's that needed to contact them about NGO matters

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

What-a-Coincidence,

The names of W.L. Barry, Ciro Aulcino and Robert Johnson come to my mind.

Aoxo,

The Watchtower Society tells us that the U.N. is a government (which, in actuality it is not--it is an organization with a forum where 192 governments assemble to try to solve world problems and maintain peace) and, therefore, they must be subject to this superior authority (in actuality they are not citizens of the U.N. and therefore are not subject to it). No American would claim to be a citizen of the U.N. Yet, to show respect to the U.N. "government", they submitted to it articles they wrote in Awake with that expressed purpose in mind. They say this with one side of their "mouth," while on the other side they condemn it as the "scarlet colored wild beast" of Rev. 17. Of course, they see no inconsistency in all of this at all.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

u got it right kennseson...my bad. good looking out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit