Higher Education

by uwishufish 13 Replies latest jw friends

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

This may have already been done if so sorry.

How many have gone on to earn college degrees after leaving the borg?

In what feild?

How many are full time students now earning a degree?

UWUF

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hi I d'aed...in Nov. 2005.. and was a witness for 26 years..Never developed my talents..so I could go out in service as much as possible.

Now I'm going to H & R Block to learn taxes.. It's great fun..

• Juniper
    Juniper

I'm making plans to start pre-pharmacy studies in January!!! I'm thrilled...

Amazing how many opportunities are open to you when you get to live in the same world as everyone else!!!

Are you making school plans? No matter what your age is - it's never too late!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Since leaving I studied Employment and Labour law, I am currently now completing my studies to hopefully practice at the Bar.

I work full time in the legal profession too.

DB74

• zagor
    zagor

Yup,
    Finished Electrical and Electronics degree, fell in love with it and carried on a bit further

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Did a Law Degree while in the borg - I was married so people had less right to stop me. But didnt use it for a career (that would have been worldly).

Did a Teacher Training course after I left the borg and got my first career job in 2004.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Actually I studied at university while still a JW, there were several other youngsters doing the same and surprisingly the congo never saw us negatively, perhaps because there were JWs there with degrees they got before coming into the org and were doing really well out of them and two of them were elders. If not anything else there was some respect for us.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Don't tell anyone but I was going to college as a MS and an elder part time. This was all before the "new light" that sort of allowed education, but only if you were a poineer.

I continued after leaving and now have a doctorate in accounting. I also passed the CPA.

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

I was d'fed right before I left for college at Penn State. I graduated 4 years later with a degree in GIS (computer mapping) and I have been working in my field for 3 years and love it!

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Congratulations on your decisions to expand your mind and horizons. I still believe that the folks that I met in College were the best medicine to help leave the Jehobees. I met all/every sort. My first roomie as a freshman was my best-man in my wedding and is likely my still my best friend. 99% of what I was told in th Borg was untrue. Yeah, there are some kooks that are truly evil and are what I was told about; but the other 99.5% of the people you meet are just like you. They just wanna do the best they can and get all that they can outta life. Go find your way. I keep in touch with over 30 people that I met while in school, though it did take me a while as I worked and went to school. Get your undergrad and then get a gig at a large employer that has a program to pay for your Graduate degree. Then you can do what you want! Keep on Rockin' in the Free World!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit