Quotes to make you think

by Lady Lee 22 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If you try to bang your head against a brick wall, it is not the brick wall that gets hurt

• daystar
    daystar

whyzit, I think the quote you're thinking of goes like this: "The great masses of the people ... will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one."

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

"God is dead."

"The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments."

"The Christian resolution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad."

All Nietzsche.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Nietzsche

I think I really need to do some research on this fellow. He actually seems to know a thing or two

• gymbob
    gymbob

"Faith is to the christian, what sand is to the Ostrich."

"It's not premarital sex if you don't plan on getting married."

"Impotence: God's way of saying, "No hard feelings!"

• daystar
    daystar

For Nietzsche, I might recommend starting with Beyond Good and Evil:Prelude to a Philosophy of the Future and Thus Spake Zarathustra. Beyond that, The Geneaology of Morals.

Unfortunately, I'll admit to having never completed reading my copies of those to completion. But then again, my reading list is a bit long.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

When rape is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it - Confucious

And here I thought Confucious was supposed to be so "wise". I guess he is just another old, dead, dumb guy!

Cog

• Frank75
    Frank75

I gradiated from the 6th grade.....3 times!!!

Jethro Bodine

alt

• Frank75
  • Frank75
    Frank75

Hitler?! or Watchtower?!

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."

" The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force. "

" The great strength of the totalitarian state is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it. "

" The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category. "

" Universal education is the most corroding and disintegrating poison that liberalism has ever invented for its own destruction. "

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it"

"I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator"

"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise"

• JimWood
    JimWood

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."

Albert Einstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit