OMG CARPAL TUNNEL

by mama1119 9 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

I have "pregnancy induced" carpal tunnel and I don;t believe I have ever felt so much pain. I used to think people that claimed carpal tunnel were a bunch of wussys, I was wrong. It hurts very very badly. So I am sorry to all those that have it that I thought were wimpy.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Try wearing a copper/magnetic bracelet on the sore arm. Worked wonders for me.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I went in for a test about 2 years ago for that. (didnt care much for getting stuck with needles) I just have the start of it! Sometimes its painful, but what drives me nuts is that two of my fingers go numb all the time. Especially when im sleeping, and they tingle like they fell asleep. Always wakes me up! Im sure the pain will set in soon! grrrr

• parakeet
    parakeet

ButtLight: ***but what drives me nuts is that two of my fingers go numb all the time. Especially when im sleeping, and they tingle like they fell asleep.***

My older sister has the same problem. Her doctor prescribed wrist braces to be worn at bedtime. Not even a hint of a problem since. I'm not sure if the braces can be purchased without a prescription. If you're interested in this solution, you'll need to check with your pharmacist.

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Check for possible referred pain due to a knot somewhere else. Wiggle the painful digit and feel your tendon, trace the tendon back along your arm by pressing on it. The tendon should end near your elbow. If it becomes tender in an area you didn’t expect to find tender, massage the knot, preferably with peanut or olive oil.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    My older sister has the same problem. Her doctor prescribed wrist braces to be worn at bedtime. Not even a hint of a problem since. I'm not sure if the braces can be purchased without a prescription. If you're interested in this solution, you'll need to check with your pharmacist.

Yeah, I have a friend that uses them. I hear they work. But boths hands go numb. And if I rest my elbows on something, they go numb also. Just the pinki, and 4 finger, wierd!

• mama1119
    mama1119

I just got a prescription for them. Iam going to pick them up, hope they work, I feel like I have mits for hands.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I just got a prescription for them. Iam going to pick them up, hope they work, I feel like I have mits for hands.

Let me know how they work, if they do, maybe I will try them. Problem is, I like to sleep with my hands under my pillow. I wonder if that will bother me? Seems like wearing handcuffs to bed lmao

• dmouse
    dmouse

I had it for quite a while - especially at night, my hands would go dead.

Believe it or not, I gained substantial relief from rosehip extract supplements.

http://www.althealth.co.uk/services/info/supplements/rosehip.php

• caligirl
    caligirl

Mine developed when I was pregnant as well. The braces they gave out at the dr's office werr very uncomfortable. I ordered one of my own and it was great. I still have problems, and simply put the brace on whenever it starts to bother me. I too used to take it all to lightly when people said that said they had no strength in their hands or had pain, and now I can't open anything any more and have very little hand strength. I included the link here for the brace that I bought.

http://www.docortho.com/product.php?productid=19078&cat=369&page=1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit