Responses to Our Letters

by LennyinBluemont 23 Replies latest jw friends

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Poppy:

Yes, that statement hit me in the gut, also "I don’t want to feel lost." The indoctrination by the Society, especially over a period of many years, creates, I believe, individuals who are so dysfunctional when it comes to carrying on in the world we live in, and leading any kind of "normal" life, that they just see it as "nothingness", and so it is unthinkable to leave. Above all other evidences, in my mind, this is what really makes it a cult.

Cog:

I agree with you about being uncertain what really exists outside our own experience in life. After realizing how thoroughly I was "conned" for basically my entire adult life, I am extremely reluctant to head in that direction again. If there is a God, and I am to be judged, then it’s really out of my hands anyway, and I’m sure that judgment is not in any way linked to membership in a particular "club", especially one as abusive as what we left behind. By the way, when you say file it in your favorites, is there a place on this site to "store" favorite threads, or did you mean just storing it in the favorites in your ISP list? Anyway, thanks for the kind words.
  • cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

By the way, when you say file it in your favorites, is there a place on this site to "store" favorite threads, or did you mean just storing it in the favorites in your ISP list? Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

Hi Lenny

No, there's no way I know of to store favorites on this site. I just made a special folder in my internet favorites for letters and articles on JWD. It is so much easier when you want to find something that was meaningful to you than trying to wade back through 5000+ threads to remember where you read it. I'm no longer worried that someone will see it on my computer. I'm pretty sure my husband is not going to rat me out to the elders and if he does he has enough ammo with what I have told him verbally. An internet folder wouldn't make a difference.

Cog

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Thanks. Be well, Cog.

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit